>>Perhaps I'll order the resister from Axiom, but I want to give it a few weeks first.

If possible, try to make your room a bit less live instead. That will kill 2 birds with one stone -- take the "edge" off the sound *and* improve your stereo imaging. You'll know you have it right when on some recordings you hear the instruments spread out between the speakers (all different places) and some of them are even OUTSIDE the speakers on occasion.

Sit in your normal listening position and look for the spots where sound from each speaker bounces off the wall and hits your ears. Using a mirror helps. Make sure those areas aren't too reflective (within the limits of good decorating taste, of course). Watch for tile floors and glass coffee tables right in front of you, but the walls are even more of a challenge.

I really like the M60 bass because it's nice and accurate but not overpowering. Seems to be quite accurate, ie they sound pretty much like the recording engineer intended, but a lot of people like more bass than that

Anyways, you've got a real nice system there. Enjoy !!

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8