I use my 80’s for stereo only. Room size is 28 X 32 with a vaulted ceiling. I’m also running an Outlaw LFM-1 sub. I have no idea how they sound compared to the 60’s. My listening tastes vary from alternative rock to country. About the only complaint I have is that ….AT TIMES….they tend to be a little too bright with some songs that have a lot of cymbals. But this is only when I have them running above 110 dbs. Again, this is not very often and only with a few songs. As far as being able to fill a room with sound, I simply can not imagine “needing” the 80’s to fill a room smaller than a gymnasium. My HK is rated at 100 per channel at 8 ohms, but is reported to be closer to 150 at 8 ohms. Don’t recall the 4 ohm rating. I have not, can not, and probably will not ever turn the HK up over 50%. It’s simply too loud…….and I like to sit in the front row, right next to the speakers at AC/DC concerts.

Placement wasn’t an issue for me, other than making them look right with the furniture layout. The only noticeable placement issue I had was having to move them about 18” away from the wall. This definitely made a difference in SQ.