I guess that I have a similar story. As those that read these forums know, I hemmed and hawed (sp?) quite a bit on the HT vs stereo decision for quite some time. Finally just decided that all I really wanted was stereo, so I purchased some m60's and an HK 3480 2 channel receiver. Here's where it gets interesting I guess...

Before getting the receiver, I couldn't hook all the components (playstation2, VCR, DVD) at the same time. Since the HK supported video pass through for three devices I thought it would be a nice bonus to be able to have all devices hooked up at the same time so that I could watch DVD's again (with the sound routed through the HK to the Axioms). I know, my daughter will just watch DVD's through the playstation, but she hadn't given me a lesson yet, so I would just crawl behind the TV to swap cables when I wanted to watch a DVD. What a pain!

Well, I was absolutely blown away by how good they sounded (listening to Monsters Inc, and The Matrix). I wasn't expecting much since I didn't have a sub or center channel not to mention surrounds, but I was even more impressed by the 2.0 HT sound than the 2.0 stereo sound. These Axioms rock!

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Martin - please let us know how the center improves the sound for you. I might be following you down that road before long...

M60's
VP150
QS8's
HSU STF-2
Onkyo TX-SR805
Audiobytes for the PC