Mark, don't be so cynical.

I have NEVER said I prefer the Rockets. What I HAVE said is there are things about the Rockets I prefer; there are things about the Axioms I prefer.

I hate to break it to you, but if I "do not "truly love" the Axiom sound, I do not "truly love" the Rocket sound either. How many times must I say this. I have NEVER heard a perfect speaker. Each has flaws.

Though I may be wrong, I don't believe I ever said I was "dissatisfied" with the Axiom sound. If I did, I misspoke. "Dissatisfied, implies I was looking for something better. At no time was I ever looking for anything better than the Axiom M60s. When I first received my M22s, I missed something, that was completely solved by moving to the M60s. I refer you to this post. If that's being "dissatisfied." I'll have to plead guilty.

Define "prolific internet poster." I've been a member at AVS since July 2003 and have a grand total of 347 posts for an average of .58 posts per day. Not exactly prolific. While I have posted at 3 other general forums, I have probably less than 25 posts at each.

Therefore, I have not been "let loose" on the forums. In the two months I've had the Rockets, I've been involved in only one thread where I defended Mark Schifter against totally unsupported accusations. I have never defended Rocket speakers. I don't believe, other than that one thread, I've even mentioned Rockets other than here and at av123. If I have, it has been so few times that I don't remember them. Mark must be very disappointed in the "instant sales" I've failed to generate.

Why is it "silly" to believe Mark had any other motive than doing something nice for someone. You ask "Why not give the stuff to somebody with no HT? or with Bose?"

Perhaps his gift to me has something to do with the fact that I'm a Viet Nam veteran. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I'm the sole caregiver for my 92 year old Mother who has dementia and needs constant care. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that, in the 4 and 1/2 years I've been caring for her 24/7, 7/52, with not one day off, I've been out of this apartment maybe 20 times socially, and almost never for more than an hour or two. When my friends are in town they are gracious enough to gather at a restaurant nearby so I can run home every hour to check on Mom. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that in 4 1/2 years I've not been to a movie or a concert, and that my only form of entertainment is my A/V system. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I'm fighting rheumatoid arthritis myself, am in constant pain. Or, perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I have little money other than my Social Security disability. Perhaps Mark found all this deserving. Perhaps you don't. Regardless, I chose to believe that Mark just wanted to do something nice for someone.

Since I have never been "dissatisfied" with my Axioms, I'll bite. Who do YOU think misinformed Mark that I was dissatisfied with my Axioms?

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton