I sold my old onkyo 525 and upgraded to the new TX-SR601. I am running M60ti, VP100, M22ti(surrounds). I have coax digital connects from DVD to Receiver. Problem is this. . .out of the volume range for the receiver 1 through 99 I end up listening at an average of 65. To crank stereo stuff I end up in the 80's sometimes. I am scared that this is way too high for the receiver and of the threat of clipping my lovely 60's. With my old receiver I never had to put the volume up past one third and it was PLENTY loud. Now I am up at 3/4 plus!! ONKYO does not respond and has a worthless helpline. They say everything is normal. But the problem is also that there is noise that is clearly audible past a volume of 50 or so. And I can even hear a freakin click each time I increase or decrease the volume level one notch (when I am in the upper volume levels). This seems ridiculous to me that you can hear a noise with a volume adjust and that I have to turn my volume up to 80 to crank my tunes. Anybody else have a Onkyo 601 and have similar problems?

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. It is so amazing that you can post some question and people out there respond to it. Again THANK YOU