The set up you are looking at installing can work very well. A couple of points I would keep in mind. I gather you are looking at the M3s because the size fits your needs, if possible I would go up to the M22s as they are still a bookshelf speaker but capable of more output. From a perspective of performance a complete speaker in its own enclosure will be better than the speaker mounted in the wall. In wall speakers are not an optimally designed complete speaker system and the interface of the front baffle with the wall is detrimental to the performance. A sub-woofer would be highly recommended for this system because of the open spaces. You should look at a large sub like the EP350 or a few strategically placed EP125s would even be better. When the time comes if you would like to fax or e-mail me an actual layout of your room I would be happy to assist in suggestions for the sub-woofer placements. I do not know your preferences for the volume you like to listen to your music at but a lot of power is going to be required to get over the very open environment you have. I would suggest looking at 100 watts as a rough guideline for a starting point. The M3s or the M22s should be kept at least 2 inches from the wall. I would not suggest much more than this as keeping the speakers close to the wall will be an advantage for your open environment. I hope all this is some assistance to you in getting your system together.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer