I love my SVS 20-39PCi sub. Has worked wonderfully for me. It is very large and my wife wasn't too happy at first, but now that I have it kind of "tucked away" she doesn't seem to mind. If you want something that matches your finish, then go with a larger Axiom sub. I hear that they are very nice. I went with the SVS because it was considered a better value for the price than Axiom about 7 months ago, but now the higher end Axioms are very respected.

I also almost went with a HSU. In fact, I waspretty much sold on getting on at my local CompUSA because of no need for shipping costs, but then I found out that the one that they carried (no longer carry now) would be too small for my needs.

HSU and SVS are very respected and both offer great subs (and I've already mentioned to great comments about the EP500 and larger subs) so you aren't going to go wrong here, just that the more you spend, the louder (and possibly lower) you will be able to go.

As for SVS box vs. cylinder, I liked the "unique" look of the cylinder, and the fact that it is lighter, if you can say that about the hefty sub, than the box sub, so it is easier, I guess, to move if you need to move it. Plus it costs a little less due to easier and less expensive manufacturing costs.

Farewell - June 4, 2020