Yes sushi..

Perhaps I should have said to solder OR crimp the spades to the speaker wires. I know there are those who think that crimping is the only way to go. Personally, I think its much ado about nothing. Almost anytime you have dissimilar metals in direct contact with each other, you have a potential for galvanic corrosion and such. (although I believe it to be extremely small here) That is why houses that were built with aluminum wiring (and many were in the late 1970s) must have electrical outlets especially designed for alum. wiring - and not the normal ones for copper. But hey, we are talking really really low potentials with speaker wire currents!

Still makes me wonder about copper and gold - and the gold plating on - what type of metal?

How about all the solder inside the components that connect everything?

How about the gold plated RCA (and other) connectors on the back of good quality gear - that are soldered to the circuit boards?

Could go on and on here - and I'm really not trying to start any controversy - just trying to be reasonable, practical and logical.

So I say if you want to use spade (or banana)connectors.... crimp the crap outta them - then melt on some solder for good measure! (if there is a way to do it)

Rman