Hi folks,

I am new to the message board but I've had my M22s' for about a year now. I am no "Audiophile" (perhaps an Audiofool) but I love these little jems. I use them in a two channel music only system along with an NHT SA2 amp with two slave subs (sw2si). The overall sound is amazing but the funny thing is that the better it sounds the more I want, thus, the "audiofool".

The rest of my system consists of: Odyssey Audio Stratos amp, Anthem Pre-2L SE tubed pre-amp, CAL Audio Alpha tubed DAC with Pioneer CDP as transport, Sony SACD/DVD player(DVNXX?"&*sominorother), Denon DVD 3000, Sansui TU-X1 tuner. The wire I use is thick copper(and thats all I want to say about "wire" as I can't tell the difference between a $500/ft wire and a $1.50/ft wire}.

I also have a seperate HT system employing KEF Q series speakers all around and hooked up to a Denon 3200 with an outboard Technics processor for DTS/AC3. But my main hobby is two channel listening and for that I love the smooth, balanced and open sound of the M22s' even above that of the KEFs' and NHT Super Twos' I just sold.

Several months ago, I got "upgradeitis" for new speakers. I compared the M22 to the likes of Linn, ProAC, Sonus, Vienna, Polk, Paradigm, Magnepan and several other mid-hi speakers. With the exception of the Magnepan MG12s(I bought them) I didn't find any of these to be a significant upgrade to the Axioms yet they were all waaaay more expensive. They all sound different from the Axioms and each other and they all certianly play well in the audio press but the Axioms just sound right. I now interchange the Maggies and Axioms in the "music only" system depending on my mood. The M22s now mostly reside in my son's room. But one thing is for sure, they will never leave my house.

BUT HEY, enough of the personal stuff. I have a few questions.

I recently read a few reviews (Absoulute Sound for one) on the Behringer DSP 8024 Ultracurve Pro Digital Processor (reads pro equalizer) and I am intrigued. Does anyone have any thoughts on equalization and even perhaps this particular product (it got great press and its cheap too)? I know many "Audiophiles" consider EQ to be heresey but I really don't give a damn if I can smooth out the ole fq spectrum in my room without a bunch of expensive and ugly room treatments. But I've never used an EQ so I am hoping some of you all might be able to enlighten me.

My second question: What ever happend to BBIBH?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and happy listening!

MWC

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.