first, sushi, 2.0 is right now around 4+K$ if you can settle for 2 channels only without upsampling, that's what I got. Consider that you're getting very high quality DAC and ADC (I got the AA version) a digital/analog preamp _and_ room correction. Try to throw all that as single components (assuming you get just a good equalizer for the room correction which does not stand up to TacT) and you'll be astonished how quickly 4k$ go. As to even blowing 4k$ for it, try to find a place and hear the difference, you may be surprised how much better it sounds corrected with well-recorded CDs. But of course it's a component trap, next you buy good amp, good transport and good boxes (M80s ;-) and the bill ends up.

mwc, as to the Odyssey, don't know, I bought the dual mono straight since the price difference is not that much and I heard the difference in other gear between monos and normal amping and it was significant. So far I like the Odyssey a lot (read my other post in another thread: m80s and odyssey) but it's not broken in yet.

TacT I got directly from them in New Jersey, they still had 5 or so 2.0s left, 2.2 was too expensive for me and I don't want to do the 4-channel or bi-amping later so I started that way. I would have liked the 2.2s upsampling though ;-)

--- tony