I am moving into a new home in a few weeks and will begin my reassembly of my HT setup(s). My old setup (b&w cdm1 se (bookshelf), b&w cdmc center, Rock Solid ‘tiny’ rears, Velodyne VA-1250x sub and driven by a yammy A1) was sold with the home and I am looking for a complete new setup.

I now have some challenges - the family / kitchen / brk nook combo room is some 10,000 cubic feet with the family being the main listening point with vaulted ceilings. I won’t be able to place speakers lateral to the listener though due to the opening to the kitchen but do want some good sound coverage into that open area. (family is 18x22 , kitchen is 16x17 and brk nook is 12x13 – fam clgs avg 15ft and the other rooms are @ 10’).

I also now have a HT dedicated room going to be setup with a front projector. It is 13x17 @ about 13’ clgs on average – vaulted or about 2800 cubic feet.

Here is my dilemma – I am a casual music listener, heavier type rock but not necessarily at highest volumes. I will be running HT in the Family room quite often too. I am hoping to finish out the Family room while using this opportunity to preview my setup for the HT room and thus hope to keep the components similar if possible.

Any suggestions to my following thoughts:

Receivers – either Denon 3805 or Yammie rx-v2500 - (x2)
HDTV – 50 plasma or DLP/LCD rear proj.
Family setup – m60ti, vp150, qs8, and ep500
(question here is should I go another set of q8s in front well above the listening plane just to help disburse or possibly a set of m22ti’s)
HT room setup – assuming the Family goes to plan would be m60ti, vp150, qs8(4) and ep350.
(question here is would this over power the 2800 cubic feet – mainly HT usage. Do I go 4 qs8's or downsize the side speakers to directionals. Can I get a good read on the ep350 performance if I use an ep500 in the family room config.)

Can any of you help keep me on the right track here or sway me another route if you think this might not work. Remember that the family room will usually be nominal listening levels and only an occasional higher level during parties. HT room needs to rock!

Any input would be appreciated.

Ps. I can see you guys to love the Axioms and I look forward to hearing them too. B&W’s were nice but this kind of upgrade would kill the old pocket book! Gonna miss the Yammie A1 though.

Leaving Seattle, WA for Southlake, TX - soon!