In reply to:

To me, there is more of a jump in sound difference from the Rotels to the H/K

Given that you doubled the power, it should sound a little louder at lower volumes and of course with more watts, you should be able to get more db out of the M60's (3 or so)................but, yeah here it comes, I own the HK630 and spent some time with the RB1080 and I honestly thought they sounded close to each other. The Rotel has more snap when the volume gets up there but overall when I did my side by side, I thought the HK630 held it's own real well given it's just a box and not a separate. Now that is not a slam on the Rotel, if anything it's a compliment. I have owned a ton of receivers and have yet to hear anything in the $1000.00 to $1500.00 range come close to the HK. To be brutally honest, anytime I have A/B'd HK and Rotel, I have a hard time picking them out if the difference in wattage is factored into the overall volume level and if the system is running in pure direct. The one thing I did notice is that the Rotel has better control. Hard to explain what the hell that means, but some of you here will get it.

Now don't get me wrong, I like Rotel..................a lot. I looked hard at a few of there 5 channel amps but I could never get one for the price I was willing to pay, so I looked at something else.

Anyway, I think you have a very nice 2 channel system in the works and when you spend some more time with it, I would be curious to hear more detailed thoughts on why you feel the Rotel is better then the HK. You may peak my curiosity again and I may have to run to my dealer and borrow another RB1080 and do the side by side all over again!