OK fellas, i got another HT system question.

a good friend of mine just bought a new house, and wants me to install his HT system. he has already had the rear surround wires run(14g), and had a sub cable already run to the corner, and hid behind the trim that was replaced when he had the wood floors redone. so basically, we are looking at a room that measures 15x20, and the TV and fronts will go against the long wall, and the couch will be approx 10-12ft in front of the TV. he wants to leave a little walk space behind the couch.

he has a $1300-$1500 budget, so here is what i am suggesting. oh, and he already has a 32inch TV.

Onyko 502 from ecost for $190.
Axiom FO M3's for fronts at $270.
Axiom discontinued M1's(surrounds) and VP50(center) from canadian hifi for total of $300 shipped.
SVS PB10-ISD shipped for $500.

that all comes to roughly $1250, and figure in another $100 for cables and interconnectors, and i am in budget at around $1350. but here is my only concern.

will the M3's be enough for that room? it has hardwood floors, and they will have an area rug down, but there will still be lots of hardwood exposed. there will most likely be a large couch, a smaller loveseat, and maybe a recliner, so those will help to absorb sound. and, i will probably have to spend at least $100 bucks for some speaker stands for the M3's, so i am creeping more toward the $1500 budget limit.

what i am thinking of, would be to get the M40's instead of the M3's. the 40's are basically M3's in a cabinet, right? get a little better bass, and maybe more midrange response, but it would put us over budget by about $150 bucks... so i ask, would it be worth it, or would i just be better off staying with the M3's? installation is still 8-10 weeks away.

as always, ya'lls input and advice would be welcomed and appreciated.

BTW- i cant wait for my buddy to get that PB10 in. i really wanna hear what this little baby can do.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??