I think back in the tube days there was a valid reason for matching speaker wire lengths (capacitance, not propogation delay) but that is not an issue with modern equipment. The speaker wire must reach the speaker... that is still an important rule which I occasionally forget when cutting

Is the Monster wire 16 ga ? If so, I would call that a bit thin for a 27' run. The Axiom cable is ultra fine strand (probably finer than what you have) but is still 12 gauge. Fine strands aren't going to make up for too fine a wire. There are some standard tables which show wire gauge vs. length and speaker impedence but I can't find a link right now. I think you need 14 ga minimum though.

I took my Monster wire back to Futureshop and went to Home Depot instead, picked up a bunch of 12 ga speaker wire there for something like $30.

If you're looking for a good explanation for the customer service at FS (not like they care ) check that the Monster wire is polarized, ie that you have an easy way to tell which conductor is which at the other end of the wire (insulation markings or different conductor colours). The Monster wire I bought wasn't even polarized !!

Dumb question -- do you have passive subs (ie no amp built in) ? If not, you should be using an RCA cable to connect the subs not speaker wire...

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8