Yesterday, my M22ti's finally came in for my rear channels in my setup. Thankfully, the wait was only three business days, which was significantly better than the month I waited for my speakers last time (die US Customs). My setup:

2x M80's up front
1x VP150 center
2x QS8's on the side
2x M22ti's in the rear
1x EP350 sub
Denon AVR-4802
Denon DVD-3800

I haven't had a chance to really play with it, but I watched the opening scene of Gladiator last night after the Coyotes - Hurricanes game (met some funny French Canadians that had driven all the way down here to harass Savage among other things) and before bed.

In 6.1 discrete setup, the two rears mimic one another and simply spread the signal out a bit better, making a very appealing effect and filling the room much better. I have a room that is much longer than it is wide and the effect has always been a bit compressed with some lacking in the rear. This has fixed that entirely.

In 7.1 mode, the receiver takes the sixth channel and pulls additional data from the sides to create a positional effect behind. The arrows flying across the room and the horses riding from front to behind now make a more seamless move to the rear of the room. Definitely a cool effect.

I highly recommend trying it out. Grand total for the upgrade was $360 for the speakers, which isn't bad at all.