Hello everyone,
I’ve been looking at purchasing my first real home theater system and have been lurking around the forums for a while trying to figure out what I wanted and I think I’ve figured it out. But, having never really done this before, I was hoping to get some advice from you guys. Sorry if this is long winded, but I’m hoping to get everything in here the first time around.

I’m going to be setting up the home theater system in my living room, which is about 15’ x 18’ with vaulted ceilings leads/blends into the kitchen and dining room area which is probably another 20’ x 25’ (more or less).

For the system itself, I’m debating on the M22ti’s or the M60i’s for the fronts, QS8’s for the surrounds, VP150 for the center and either the EP175 or the EP350 for the sub. Now I know that there’s a big difference between the M22’s and the M60, but the main reason I was looking at the M22’s was because a friend of mine has a set in a little smaller room and they sound wonderful. I don’t play music or movies too loudly as the homes in the neighborhood are almost on top of each other and the neighbors would complain. On the other hand, it sounds like the M60’s will give me a more dynamic sound. So any advice between those two speakers would be great. The only other thing I’m not too sure on is the sub. Just how large of a sub does someone need? I know that may sound like a stupid question, but I’ve never had one so I’m not sure what to look for. I’m not a huge fan of bass you can feel down the street, but I also want to know it’s there and have crisp clean bass.

Oh, and I was looking at getting the Onkyo TX-NR801 receiver to power the system.

Again, thanks for any input or advice you guys can give.