I don't have one myself, but a good friend of mine does and I have watched a few movies and HDTV with him. Over regular cable, the picture looks much shaper than most other widescreen televisions. We have Comcast as our provider and the analog channels come over poorly for any large screen TV, even when in 4:3 mode, but with the Panny plasma the picture is vastly improved. The stretch modes also do pretty well, as there is very little distortion from stretching a 4:3 image to 16:9. As far as HDTV goes, I have watched both movies and Super Bowls and both pictures are fantastic. Even my wife was impressed, no small feet because she could care less about HDTV. As far as DVDs go, I will not comment because my friend still uses a non-progressive scan DVD player, so I know he is pretty much is using a Kia motor to run his Mercedes. I had him and his wife over to watch a movie at my house one night and his wife mentioned that my picture was much better (I only have a Panny RPTV, but it was professionally calibrated). Again, I would take the comment with a grain of salt since he has a low-end DVD player. I have been trying to pressure him into pulling the trigger on a new DVD player, but to no avail. If you are a bigger gamer, the picture from the X-Box and PS2 also impressed. Overall, I think you made a good choice.