OK, I have this plasma and love it. Now it's someone else's turn to promote something besides those d*&n MX remotes... HA! I'm a Harmony believer BTW.

I have the 6UY but it's pretty much the same thing as the 7UY. I also purchased the DVI blade.

1) Where'd you get it? Visual Apex seems to have the best pricing.

2) Yes, there's an svid problem on the 7UY but it's been fixed. HOWEVER, not a prob for me cause I have the 6UY and I don't use anything via svid anyways. Why would you?

3) I have the following connections:
Denon 2200 via component
HD DirecTivo via DVI (using Panny DVI blade)
VCR via composite
Used to have SD DirecTivo via composite
Desktop PC via RGB
Nintendo Gamecube via component

4) W/ SD DirecTV, I found (as well as many AVS forum members) that composite looks much better than svid. YMMV, you'll have to play w/ different sources and see for yourself.

5) Yes, this is ED but my HD Tivo looks stunning. My viewing distance is about 8' to 9' and it's wall mounted. I will post pix wed nite of my new config, as my VP150 black grille should arrive then from Axiom. It's not true HD (only the purists who've bought full HD complain...), but from 8', the difference isn't worth the cost, at least for me.

6) From DirecTV, SD can look VERY good. You have to do a bit of calibration to get it right. And calibrate each input type. I used Avia and then the steaming rat method. The rat method has produced more dramatic improvements than Avia itself. HD is fantastic, even OTA. Haven't tried cable though.

7) DVDs look great. I've been watching the Incredibles and the transfer comes across very well.

Any questions, let me know. I've had mine for over a year.