Couldn't hurt, could it? I don't have to get 'approval' to spend money.

And to be real frank, trends, graphs and pie charts don't mean crapola to me. Hearing is totally perspective to the person’s likes, dislikes and preconceived notions, not something that can be quantified by an electronic instrument. I like my sub with music. Now if I were to go by graphs alone, then the 80’s should be more than adequate for me, seeing how the sub starts making noise before the 80’s dip into never land. But I can’t live without the sub anymore. So by using this reasoning, the ability to bump up the 80’s woofers a little over the tweeters, I believe that I would prefer that.

I dunno….just speculating here. I’ll know more after my separates show up and I play with them for a while. It may be that the tone controls will be all that I need. Or, I may end up preferring the tone controls defeated…….ain’t got a clue at this point. But I do like to keep my options open. It’s only money and I can’t take that with me. I sure don’t plan on leaving any behind when I go. My boy will get a free ride through college as long as he keeps his grades up, but the tit dries up after that…….