Hello all,
I am currently running the above mentioned DVD player with my Denon 2805 7.1 Axiom system. This DVD player is one of those play-all machine if you are not familiar with it (DVD, DVD-A, MP3, SACD, etc.), but so far I have only tried DVD videos on it and it does a great job.
I bought a Yo Yo Ma SACD last night (my first SACD disk) just to hear what it is like on my system, and while I could see the counter moving, no sound was coming out even though I configured everything on the DVD player and my Denon to play material from the player. Right now the player's audio is connected to the Denon via optical connection but according to the Pioneer manual, if I want to listen to SACD or DVD-A material I would have to use the separate multi-channel connectors in the back of the player... Is this true? Just wondering if the optical is sending over multi-channel information for a DVD, why wouldn't it send multi-channel information for a SACD? If anyone has had experience with this please let me know. Thanks much!