As some of you know I have a fair bit of money invested on the electrical side of my HT system. While I must admit that some of it is overkill, some of it is not. To keep this basic and not draw myself into this debate to far...........(I tend to disagree with the thought that the electrical side of a HT system should be overlooked), I do however agree that when it comes to video and the average house, something should be in the system as far as filtration goes. Does it have to cost $1500.00? Nope. Should it cost more then $25.00? I think so but there is a happy medium.

One that I have found and have been recommending for a long time now is the Tripp Lite HT10DBS. It's a little more money then your average power bar but well worth the investment.

http://www.tripplite.com/products/product.cfm?productID=2813

One thing to note as far as my own system goes. The only thing I have plugged into mine are video related devices. DVD, TV, Satellite stuff etc. I don't have any amps or receivers running through it..........and yes, it makes a difference with cleaning up background video noise etc.