Like I said there really wasn't anything wrong with it......but I'm fussy and well.......... I'm NeverHappy! It did very well with movies in terms of separation etc but in some other areas to me at least it didn't fair very well. A few key points that made me send it back are:

- Channel adjust levels on the fly are a pain to get at.
- Global setting for channel delay was a mistake.
- Front display was way to small and almost useless.
- 7.1 Audio output has to be assigned with a video output?
- On screen doesn't work with progressive scan.
- Second sub out has no trim control
- I didn't use it but if you run DVI, you can't see anything on screen and the set-up menu won't show up in the 990's window. Actually very little information gets displayed.
- Not a big deal but I really thought it was butt ugly!
- The remote was cheap but again not a deal breaker.

The big one for me was the way it handles the LFE channel. I just didn't like it at all. With my HSU set-up with a SPL I could barely hear the sub at all when listening to music but as soon as I put in a DVD, I either had way too much or not enough. I have owned a whack of stuff in my day and I have never had this happen. The sub with almost the same settings through my HK was wonderful. If you ask me and again this is only my 2 cents, there is something wrong with the way they have something internally configured. As I'm a bass nut, there was no way I could live with this. About a half day later I came across a good deal on the NAD T-773 and thought why not try it out. It has been on my hit list forever to try so I figured now would be the time. I also paid less for the T-773 then I paid for the 990.

Let me say it again, this is not me beating up on Outlaw. It's my 2 cents only. For $1100.00 I expected better then what I got. That is it, that is all. There are people out there who love this thing so it can't be all bad. Like I have said a few times already, I'm just fussy.