I ordered a pair of the M40s for my son. We received and set them up in his room today. After all, I was told they are no match for my M22s+sub. But, I was also told they will work ok for a music only system. I thought they will be better than those crapola Jensen's he's been listening to. I was also told they will sound similar to the M50s, with the recessed mids and what I perceive to be a lack of imaging. My apologies go out to the M50 posse. Well, they don't sound anything like the M50s. After hooking them up to his aged Pioneer receiver I was astounded. Are you kidding me. The M40s possitively kick you know what. The soundstage on the M40s is fantastic. These speakers are just perfect. There are everything I expected the M50s to be, but sadly, were not. If I would have heard these somewhere, I would have never have ordered my M22s. I like my M22s just fine, but I feel the M40s are a better all around speaker. If they lack anything I can't hear it. I got semi-screwed. I think Axiom discontinued the wrong speaker. Alou is the clear winner here.

Hopefully, I can a find a stray pair on floating around on Ebay. Dag nabbit!