Hi John;

Your question is exactly the one that I've been asking myself for a number of years while watching Axiom history unfold.

At first the M3 and M40 were the two most obvious choices in the days when the speakers' cost was a very important part of many purchasers decision making. The M3 seemed to be king by virtue of its' low cost and preponderence of positive "professional" and consumer reviews.(Nobody didn't like M3s!!) The M40 was then the obvious step-up.

The M22 review was a turning point, in as much as it brought "Performance" even deeper into the picture.(and who can argue with "Performance" even if a very few minor warts accompanied those gains) Even the increase in cost was listed as a potential "positive" as the average Axiom buyer was listing "low cost"in this forum far less often as a reason for buying, and after all, you get what you....

The M2 came along and continued the Performance trend. And...

Who Can Argue With Performance?!

But if these performance reviews are carefully studied, there are a number of negatives carefully concealed within, but...

Who can argue....Right?!!

I suspect that the heavy performance ratio is two fold:

Part of it IS "Buying what people recommend" of course, enthusiasm can be very contagious. Some of these buyers may well be served better by the ever so slightly warmer(M3, M40-RIP, M50)presentation, or even further yet to the "Warm Side".

Another segment would be those folks who, while reading other forums, learn that Axiom has the cool, accurate sound that they perfer and were looking for in the first place, but at a lower price than some of the obvious competition that is so often quoted in this forum.

A third group, call it luck, budgetary constraints, a bit more time really digging and asking questions, or what have you, find that the M3 M40 M50 group is that one that serves "them" best. It can be very difficult to buy without hearing, but just as easy to make the wrong choice the first time, even for the mature seasoned listener.

I, personally, get annoyed easily. I tend to go for the "Most Loved-Least Negatives"ratio. Works For Me!!
Rich.