I have the M22ti's, and did an A/B comparsion at home with them vs. the Energy C-3's. Here's are my thoughts.

Pro Axiom: The Axiom M22's were clearer, and cleaner sounding than the Energy's - by far. There were notes of music that sang out clearly with the Axioms that were buried way in the back when listening to the Energy's. They cost $100 LESS than the Energy's.

Pro Energy: More low end. The bass response from the Energy's was much deeper. (Though it muddied up the rest of the sound) The Energy's are a beautiful looking speaker. Of all the speakers I looked at before finally purchasing, the Energy's were by far the best looking. Fit and finish is really top notch. They even have the very clever magnetic grills. Though the Axiom's aren't what I'd call ugly, they certainly don't hold a candle to the Energy's in the beauty dept.

Conclusion: If you want CLEAR, CLEAN music, go with Axioms. If you really want sexy looking speakers with plenty of low end (for a bookshelf speaker) go with the Energy.

Hope this helps a little.

Craig