Hey there Wido, nice to have another front projection buddy around here There have been a few threads on this subject, and the norm is that you do not want to enclose subs, or any speakers for that matter. Will it work, yes, but you will likely not get the full benefit of the sub.

I am building a slightly bigger screen than yours, and am placing a stage built out of 2x8's below the stage all the way across. My mains and center for sure will be on the stage, not sure on the sub yet. I am running an extra line to the opposite wall, incase I want to have 2 subs at some point.

General rule of thumb is that you can get good perfomance by placing the sub near a corner, a few feet out from each wall. On the other hand, there is the crawling method tha Alan from Axiom has told us about many times. Basically, place the sub in the primary listening position on the floor, if you have a long enough cable then get down on your hands and knees and crawl around the room until you find the position where you get the fullest/best sounding bass. Of course you will have to have your receiver all configured first. I know it sounds funny but it does work. The LFE (low freq. effects) that subs create are not directional, meaning you don't have to have them pointing towards you. Some people set their subs behind them, you have lots of options.

Good luck, and hope to get some pics of my new HT room up soon. I'm taking Friday and Monday off to hopefully finish the painting....

Randy

60's 150 350 4-Qs8's
Denon 2805
Sanyo Z2 projector
Toshiba DVD
Samsung HD tuner.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85