I'm suprised others have not replied yet, come on guys Again Wido78, the sub is primarily for the Low sound effects. Anything around 80hz and below is none directional, so it really won't matter to much where you place the sub.

You don't mention how big your room is for the theater? Depending on how big your room is, and how much you want to spend on a sub, you have a couple of options. If money is an issue, I would start with a good sub that is not to expensive and place it near the front of the room, close to a corner, and at least a foot from each wall. You may have to move it around a bit a few inches each way until you find the right sound. If your room is real big, you may want to prerun another cable diagonal across the room for a second sub at some point in the future. Many people have reported good results with a diagonal pattern. You may find one sub is adequate. Another option, if money is a none issue, you could get an awesome sub, like the EP500 or EP600 Axiom.

Either way, I think I would start with a sub near the front of the room, just leave a little slack in the cable for placement adjustments.

Randy

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85