In response to:

Poster: pmbuko
Subject: Re: (Do I dare?) Wierd SVS thing..

I just thought of a possible cause for your problem. I have a small powered subwoofer attached to my computer. It has an auto on/off signal sense feature, just like your SVS.

I occasionally notice that it is on even though my computer is off and incapable of generating a signal. I've been able to track this "phantom turn on" issue to two causes.

I have a halogen desk lamp plugged into the same power strip as the subwoofer. When I turn the desk lamp on, it triggers the sub to turn on, as well.
I often leave my cell phone on my computer desk. If my speakers are on when the phone communicates with the cell network, they pick up the signal and I canhear beeping noises through the speakers. The cell signal also triggers the sub to awaken and make noise.
Does either of these causes match up with your situation?

Mine happened in the middle of the night with no lights on, nothing "powering on or off" (my computer subwoofer makes a click sound when I turn on or off the lights in the room that it is in since it is on the same circuit, so I know what you mean there). It is just so strange. The house was just quiet, and then the low freq rumble (not hum) that was loud enough to wake me up 2 stories above it....

Farewell - June 4, 2020