Ajax, thanks for you help. I got the toslink cable yesterday and hooked it up. Things are definitely better now, sounds flying around the room from speaker to speaker and sub thumping away when I watch a movie. Now when I try that THX optimizer on my DVD the front L/R and center channels fire independently but the L/R surrounds fire together (supposed to fire separately) and the sub doesn't fire at all. Still when I run the receiver's autocalibrate function they all work properly, so I'm not going to worry about it.

BTW I have two M22s + STF-2 in the HT room and two M40s in another room - love both setups. BB had a $200 special on the black Micra6 package so I picked it up to use the center and surrounds temporarily for HT and put the Micra fronts and sub in my bedroom where the whole Micra package will go when I upgrade the HT room later this year. I've heard a lot of good HT speakers and I have to say the Micra's are pretty darn good budget HT speakers, especially at that price, but for music they just can't compete with a good larger speaker set.

Thanks again, you've all been a lot of help but your excellent "free" advice is costing me a lot of money! But the sound is oh so good.