Rat, Ron spoke in great detail mostly about drivers/subs/sizes. When I got the SS package, the Ultra drivers were damaged. This had NOTHING to do with SVS, I got them used, and covered that ordeal, SVS was very supportive in my problem that was not their doing of any sorts. Once I removed one, I could not believe the (physical) difference compared to the PC+ driver. (I stil had the 39 PC+) I mean the weight and mass, and structure are very different. It had me quesioning the PC+ driver. Ron stated the Ultra driver was "better" but very comparable in performance. It was more a design theory, and the PC+ is a "bullit proof wonderful driver" When I initally gave them my room set up, before I even considered the SS package, I was leaning to a single ultra, I wanted the "best" they felt the PC+ was better suited for me performance to dollar. The the PCi sub/driver was no sloch (they are not going to rip on their own stuff) And I think it's a good sub. But the PC+ was a different sub for the most part, (look at the tri porting and larger amp) and the ultra was a "bit of a performance upgrade" had the TC works driver, Unless I really-really drove the PC+ hard they would be similar in performance. I would again take the few extra bucks the 39 saves over the 46, and get the better, but not the best driver. The 39 PC+ better porting design, better driver, bigger amp, not much more) The ultra is incidently a 39 version NOT the 46 if that says anything. You still have a monster sub, a bit more musical and less obtrusive the the 46. When I got the SS package it was due to a move and a new 24x22 room with 18 paek cielings. Even then SVS said the Ultra would not dominate the PC+s, that there would be little differnce. But my decession was also LARGLY based on the maple (which is gorgeous) blend with the room, and WAF acceptence. So by small means was perfromance a factor in the SS over 39s. As far as amps, well 525 is MORE than 325, so that can't be bad either LOL> Best speak to them, They are great to deal with, much like Axiom, they will not upsell you just to have you spend more$$$$ if not needed.

Last edited by joninflorida; 06/29/05 08:57 PM.

Sunfire amps & processor Sammy 50" Crown amp 2-SVS SS Maple Ultras, Axiom 60s,22s,150cc, QS8s