Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Curious about why non-Axiom owners hang here?
#116733 11/22/05 03:07 PM
aficionado
aficionado
I almost feel ashamed to say that I have a Members Only jacket in some box somewhere.

#116734 11/23/05 08:30 AM
old hand
old hand
Hi!
I for one, chanced upon this site by accident. Actually let me rephrase it, I bumped into Axiom as a product, by pure chance. I was intrigued by the rave reviews on the Internet and hit upon the website for Axiom.

At one point in time, I was considering buying them because I was in the market for a bang-for-the-buck speaker system and based on the reviews and user experiences, Axiom fitted the bill quite nicely. So, I used to prowl the web-site checking out different configurations and specifications.

Then I saw the link for the forum, and was haunting it for awhile reading user experiences and thoughts. I posted a few questions which were answered by Ajax and Alan among others and found everyone here to be very friendly, polite, knowledgeable, and most of all FUN!

Sadly, when I was ready to buy the goodies, I found out that the shipping cost to where I live and the customs duty (more than double the cost price!!!)would be more than what I could foot and had to drop the plans. But I am not going for anything else just yet and hoping to get my dream set of Axioms! I am digressing....Anyways I kept coming back to the forum for reviews and opinions on other components that I had in mind and sometime during that I started enjoying all the posts here, notwithstanding the ones that I was looking for!

Most of the posts are very entertaining and extremely funny!!I especially enjoy the posts of Ajax, craig(i think), the-big-eye-avtar-guy, and many others that I really can't recall by name right now! So the forum slowly became a kind of an addiction, and a website to go for laughs!

I'm sure there are others who are regulars here who come here for the sheer joy of meeting other people, to have a nice time, and help each other, without actually owning a single Axiom component!

This is one place, you guys are going to have trouble evicting me from!!;)

Cheers!
#116735 11/23/05 12:03 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Hey Bray-
Is one of us the big-eye-Avatar-guy? DK didn't specify one big eye or two...(?)

Oh, that's right... Bray is heading to East Bum....(umm never mind) for Thanksgiving. I'll have to assume it's me and let my ego get fed as well as my waistline over the next couple of days!

DKFan-
Out of curiosity, here do you live that shipping wasn't free?

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
#116736 11/23/05 12:14 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Thanks, dk. Nice of you to mention me. I'm glad SOMEBODY enjoys my verbose blathering.

I'm a regular at the Axiom forum because a LOT of very nice people can be found here who have a LOT of knowledge and are willing to share that knowledge. Also, whether they be novice or expert, I consider the vast majority of them friends. We try, very hard, to keep in mind that the goal is to help folks obtain a system that provides them with as much joy as our own provides us.

In addition, I am a former Axiom owner who remains a devoted fan of Axiom the company, the people who work there, and it's products. I feel Axiom speakers are a terrific value, and have no qualms about recommending them when I feel they are the right choice for a given individual.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#116737 11/23/05 12:19 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Yeah, dk,...not to sound like a Star Wars fan(which I am, by the way)but,..."Darn Trade Federation"!!

Hopefully some bureaucrat will change some trade laws soon and you'll be able to get your dream set.

There is only one time(OK, a number of times)when this forum Isn't a whole lot of fun; It's when you log on and find there isn't a topic you feel qualified to respond to But, what the hey...if I could respond to everything, I'd probably have another question to post.....

....anybody know a good divorce lawyer in this area??

Keep on postin'!!
Rich.

#116738 11/28/05 04:08 AM
old hand
old hand
Hi Mark,
I believe I was referring to you, sir! Sorry for replying a li'l late though!

I live in India, so I guess that's a 'wee' bit farther from the US to get free shipping! I really don't mind paying for shipping, it's like asking Eva Mendez to come over and spend the weekend with you and 'not' wanting to foot the 1st-class return! It's the custom's duty that would absolutely kill me. Guess I'll just have to wait a bit till I can foot both, as I have one huge stack of un-opened CDs/SACDs/DVD-Vs waiting for the arrival of the Axioms!;)

Ajax:
Always a pleasure!

Hi F107,
Like you said, I'm waiting and hoping for the 'bureaucrats' to change their minds about things, cuz I'm thinking not one of those good-for-nothing pen-pushers that are here are audiophiles!!!!

Cheers!
#116739 11/28/05 04:24 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Ms. Mendez can certainly afford her own taxi to my apartment. As soon as she gets here I'll tell her so.

Excuse me while I go hold my breath. . .

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose
#116740 11/28/05 04:30 AM
old hand
old hand
LOL!
but sadly, no cabby without amphetamines loaded, would drop her in INDIA!

Cheers!
#116741 11/28/05 04:57 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
It's a shame you couldn't find out just Which bureaucrat you were dealing with...perhaps a set of M2s or M3s under the table could get your Dream Speakers thru the border more easily....not only that, it may also create that audiophile pen-pusher that's so drastically needed

You would then also qualify as the "Furthest from Dwight" entry in the "Where in the World" thread!!

#116742 11/28/05 05:03 AM
old hand
old hand
Ahh! The "Furthest from Dwight" entry in the "Where in the World" thread is indeed enticing.

Unfortunately, if I have to push a set of M2s or M3s to everyone in the chain, I'd need enough money to buy perhaps 3 Epic 80 systms with a 600 sub in each! Catch22!

Cheers!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,480
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020