Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
EP500 interfering with Rogers Digital Cable Box?
#147010 09/03/06 07:10 PM
Joe90 Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Hi Folks,

Long-time member and long-time since last post on this board.

I purchased and installed an EP500 yesterday (awesome sub!!!). However, I just discovered that the sub seems to be creating interference on our TV screen which has a Rogers digital cable box feed!? As soon as the sub is powered down, the interference disappears. This TV is located on another floor from where the sub is. Our TV in the same room as the sub is just a regular cable feed, and there is no interference on this set whatsoever.

I placed a call into Axiom Customer Service, and the rep I talked to had never heard of this issue to date. He is going to pass the info on to their engineer fo follow-up on Tuesday.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any advice/ suggestions/work-rounds would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Joe

Re: EP500 interfering with Rogers Digital Cable Box?
Joe90 #147011 09/03/06 10:37 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Hi Joe, Welcome back. Not very technically oriented, or knowledgeable about this kind of stuff. But, it seems to me there are two ways in which these two pieces of equipment could interact. My first thought is that it is something to do with electric power. Are the AC outlets in question (upstairs cable box & downstairs subwoofer) on the same circuit? If not, then you can probably rule out electric.

Second thought is the cable feed from your cable company. Have you tried bypassing the cable box, and connecting the cable directly to the upstairs TV to see if this would eliminate the interference. If it does, then the problem is the cable box. Whether bypassing does or doesn't solve the problem, you might get hold of your cable company to see if they could explain or help with this issue.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
Ajax #147012 09/03/06 11:50 PM
Joe90 Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Appreciate the welcome and your reply Ajax. I'm happy to say that after several hours of troubleshooting and further discussion with Axiom Customer Service, I've isolated and resolved the problem. The issue was not the digital cable box, but rather a cable that ran from the VCR to the TV. The cable was not sufficiently shielded, hence the interference when the sub was powered on/ activated. Replaced the old cable and the interference disappeared.

Cheers,
Joe

Joe90 #147013 09/04/06 03:29 AM
axiomite
axiomite
COOL! Glad Axiom was able to help you solve the problem.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,485
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,194 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup