Rate Thread
My old home theater setup
#153929 12/19/06 07:11 AM
hashts Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hey all,

Well this was my old setup, I really didn't dig it too much esp. that pink carpet. Oh man how I hated that color...

Almost complete with the remodeling and everything should hopefully look a lot better than these pics . Carpet has been replaced with hardwood floors and those Bello stands are gone too, haha some people referred to the tower as a ladder. Kept hassling me saying why did you get a ladder for your HT?

Out with the Bello and in with BDI...I'll try to post more pics once everything its complete, should be about 1-2 more days.

Re: My old home theater setup
hashts #153930 12/19/06 07:44 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Nice TV (got the same one). Although I'd like something bigger eventually, the Sony is still good for my viewing distance. I think it's one of the last of the great CRTs. So long ancient technology. . .

Still an awesome picture, though.

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose
hashts #153931 12/19/06 03:03 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Hi hashts,

Should be a big improvement with the pink carpet gone, but it's not nearly as bad as a situation I recall (many decades ago) when I was first married. A real-estate agent got our hopes up about a 3-story townhouse in central Toronto at what was then an affordable price. We went to look at the townhouse and the entire three floors were covered in wall-to-wall LIME GREEN carpet. My wife wept. . .

I guess we could have ripped out the hideous carpet but we wanted a place that didn't require extensive renovations.

Whoever hassled you about the Bello stands being ladders were quite mean-spirited.

Regards,

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)
alan #153932 12/19/06 06:51 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
Quote:

We went to look at the townhouse and the entire three floors were covered in wall-to-wall LIME GREEN carpet.

We were looking at "the wrong house in the right area" in '04 before we found this place. Our real estate agent was a very hip middle-aged woman of Russian descent. The layout and area of the house were great, the interior decorating was stuck firmly in the 60s - fuzzy fleur-de-lis wallpaper, shag carpets - not a single surface in the house that didn't need to be updated. Her comment was "you come home from a bad day at work to here then you'd be really peest ovv."

Bren R.

alan #153933 12/19/06 08:10 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Quote:

I guess we could have ripped out the hideous carpet but we wanted a place that didn't require extensive renovations.

My wife and I got a pretty good deal when we bought our current house. It was owned by an elderly lady who with her deceased husband were the original owners. They bought the house in 1939 for $4500 and paid it off in 1947. Great house, wood floors, high coved ceilings. But the most recent renovation seemingly took place in say 1965. It had hideous fake wood panelling in the living room, terrible fluorescent lights on either side of the main bathroom medicine cabinet, and an atrocious brown and yellow smoked glass "chandelier" in the dining room.

On the day we closed and received the keys I walked in with a new fixture in one hand and a pair of bolt cutters in the other. Cut the hideous thing through the chain and wire and let it crash to the ground so it could not be reused as it was devil spawn and had to be destroyed. Ripping out the paneling led to paying a guy $400 to repair the plaster behind since said paneling was GLUED as well as nailed to the wall. Probably with a mixture of lead, asbestos, and uranium. We completely renovated both bathrooms and the kitchen. It has been well worth it as the house has now nearly tripled in value.

"That's some catch, that Catch-22." "It's the best there is." M22ti VP150 EP350 QS8 M3Ti

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,486
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044