Print Thread
Rate Thread
Scratchy Sound Problem - Please Help!
#19682 09/15/03 04:31 PM
cmuajp Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
I am having a problem with my new home theater setup. I am running 5 Axiom speakers (VP 150, M22, QS8's)with a SVS sub and a HK525 all connected with RCA 14 guage wiring with gold connectors. The problem I have is that I get a scratchy sound on the diologue when someone is yelling in the media content (peak sounds). Now I thought it was a problem with the reciever so I got a replacement from J&R and still have the same problem. I also thought it was a problem with the speaker so I switched my center with one of the front surrounds and still get the same noise. I also tried new speaker wire and that didn't help. This noise happens on all sources, regular cable (analog) and DVD (digital coax). I am running out ideas on what it could be. The only things I can think of are dirty power fromt the wall or that the replacement reciever is bad as well. What do you guys think? I was thinking about buying a power conditioner and seeing if that fixes it. I can probably get another reciever fron J&R but I am only going to request it as a last resort. I am running out of time on the replacement window (10 days) so any quick help would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Re: Scratchy Sound Problem - Please Help!
#19683 09/15/03 09:40 PM
K
veteran
veteran
K
Sorry to hear you're having problems like this. My first guess is dirty power. Have you maybe tried hooking up the receiver to the wall in another outlet, or at least trying to cut down on the number of plugs that are already there in the outlet that you've got the receiver plugged into?

I would suggest a power conditioner, however, they're not cheap, and if you can somehow remedy the problem before then (on a whim) by trying different wall AC outlets in your place, then maybe it'll save you the money on the conditioner purchase.

See if that will help, first.

Anyone else here got some suggestions?

#19684 09/16/03 06:07 AM
hobbyist
hobbyist
I know how you feel right now . Well since I have had my Monster hts3600 its been one of the best investments I have made. Alot of people on this message board did not agree but that does not matter, everyone has thier opinion. I have had mine disconected because I am in the process of moving into my new home but I can tell you that my HTS3600 gave me a MUCH more cleaner picture when watching cable tv and a cleaner picture when watching dvd's. I also noticed cleaner and more bass from my subwoofer. My friend has the scratching problem you are talking about. I hooked up my hts3600 to his system and it went away. He could not afford the hts3600 I have so he purchased the MONSTER CABLE HTS1000 POWER CENTER off ebay for 75.00. It still did the job only difference between his and mine are that his dont look as fancy and he dosen't have as many power outlets on his unit as mine. I also think that mine has more cleaner power output than his but it still made the noise go away. I am not telling you to go out and buy this unit in any way. I am just letting you know what my friend experienced , and it sounds like the same problem you have. Hope this helps, good luck.

#19685 09/17/03 12:50 PM
cmuajp Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
I did buy the HTS1000 and it didn't help whatsoever. Thanks for the help though.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,484
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,228 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup