Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Amplifier Capacitance ? Axiom amp versus my monos
St_PatGuy #197980 02/26/08 03:54 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Thanks Sean. I'm glad you found it informative. \:\)

John
jakeman #197983 02/26/08 04:06 AM
old hand
old hand
John,
Thank you very much for a great reply. In fact the A-1400-8 I ordered is on its way. I can't believe it shipped so fast!
I was curious and tempted to get one, but at the same time was hungry for more info. There hasn't been really that much posted/printed about it in the terms written in your reply. It obviously takes one who has experienced the mono block powering of an amp to answer my questions and concerns.
I hope it lives up to my expectations.

Now I just have to wait for Purolator and DHL to figure out where the amp is - living in the States there is limbo, a kind of twilight zone where packages disappear for 24 to 48 hrs before they turn up scanned in the US. It's a horrible waiting period since literally neither Purolator or DHL have any sign of it, or where it is.
It's supposed to be scanned when it enters the US but sometimes it isn't. I want to be available for delivey since DHL is great for leaving packages on the stoop or between the doors.
In the past I have actually stepped on smaller packages left on the stoop! (Smaller ones in envelopes)
I've even had packages sent to Ohio then back to NY then to NJ and back to NY where I live.
Grrrrrrrr
Any way, I'm very much hoping to pair my Anthem D2 with a new partner in hopes it's a match made in heaven.
Again, thanks John!

ditcin #197984 02/26/08 04:10 AM
shareholder in the making
OP Offline
shareholder in the making
I hope some day I can be an elite member of the 1400 club. \:\)

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

ditcin #197986 02/26/08 04:19 AM
aficionado
aficionado
That a helluva great pre-amp, Scott. I lusted after one for a while but ended up getting an Arcam unit because of the long delay while the Anthem engineers perfected it. A friend of mine has one and it makes me want to sell my Arcam every time I see it. The A-1400-8 should really bring out the nuances in the D2.

Don't want to alarm you but I hope Purolator doesn't damage the container. A friend in Sacramento got his last week and the amp was DOA as a result of being damaged in transit. These delivery companies should be held accountable for all the damage they cause. Axiom sent him a replacement pronto but I think the real solution is to use a more reliable company like Fedex.

John
jakeman #197997 02/26/08 05:06 AM
old hand
old hand
John,
No one ever stated truer words - I've had on going bad experiences with DHL.

The worst I posted here about a year ago when my Epic 80 7.1 System was upgraded to the VaSSallo Series - one of my M80s got scratched by a fork lift that pierced the box. Axiom was great about it, but DHL was horrible.

When I had ordered an Axiom system for my brother as a Christmas gift it was sent via FedEx without a problem.

Even though the track record for DHL is poor I have to hope for the best and put out some positive vibes that the amp "will" get here in working order.

... or else I'll have send some of my cat's droppings to one of the head honchos at DHL again. (They gave me a free envelope for overnight shipping when they scratched my M80 - so I filled it with kitty waste in a ziplock and forwarded to some exec who was into "quality control"

...never hear from him. Imagine that.

BTW - you "lust" for the D2 is well placed. It was another experiment for me since I was basically happy with the Sherbourn. In the end the D2 was beyond anything i could have hoped for. The video processing alone is a knock out. I really does up convert 480i DVD to 1080p with HD like results. I had a friend from FL visit this past holiday season and he though it was HD.

If you decide to order one you will not be disapointed.
I was going to post a pic but don't know how to get it into this posting.

ditcin #197998 02/26/08 05:15 AM
aficionado
aficionado
 Originally Posted By: ditcin

... or else I'll have send some of my cat's droppings to one of the head honchos at DHL again. (They gave me a free envelope for overnight shipping when they scratched my M80 - so I filled it with kitty waste in a ziplock and forwarded to some exec who was into "quality control"

...never hear from him. Imagine that.

Too funny. \:D \:D

I hear you about the D2. I have an Integra 9.8 on order but many users are reporting problems. If it doesn't meet my expectations, I'm going to do what I should have done last year and step up to the D2.

John
jakeman #198014 02/26/08 10:54 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
The D2 is still in my target. I know they have a representative doing business only 2 miles from my place. And they have one in show room... just too scared of not being able to resist buying on the spot! \:\)

See Mojo's signature
St_PatGuy #198016 02/26/08 12:13 PM
aficionado
aficionado
John, thanks for the amplifier explanation.

Dave
EFalardeau #198021 02/26/08 01:33 PM
old hand
old hand
Well if you give into temptation rest assured on the tech side that if you need it it will be there. I have called them twice and they have been very, very helpful. I mean, Axiom-like helpful. It was refreshing and pleasure.
The first time I contacted them it had to do with a strange issue that the decoder was showing 4.0 audio (as with films mixed in the 1950's) as being simply "Stereo". Although it was decoding it right it was not registering it right on the front pannel.
They were completly unaware and asked me for some titles it was doing this with so they could write a fix as a future firmware update.
They actually cared and took time to understand and try to solve a simple question on a issue most wouldn't care about.
I dealt with other companies, like Denon and then only heard excuses.
Yes the D2 is big bucks, but at least you know it comes with the support it should have - and with it piece of mind.
(Hope this temps you! ;\)

ditcin #198022 02/26/08 01:38 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I have a question. Did Anthem exist as a separate company and was then purchased by Paradigm or was it created as a brand name? Or am I mixed up and it is the other way around! \:\) In other words, is it Paradigm giving support or the "original Anthem company"?

(also, I guess you meant "peace of mind", otherwise you'll hear a piece of MY mind! ;\) ).

See Mojo's signature
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020