Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 182 of 183 1 2 180 181 182 183
Re: What video games are you playing tonight?
terzaghi #444155 12/06/21 09:32 AM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
My bros are in Calgary. I meet them online to play. Its a blast!

terzaghi #444165 12/07/21 12:14 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
What games do you play with them ... my bother lives in Switzerland could be interesting to it.

terzaghi #444166 12/07/21 12:27 AM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
Up until recently Hunter:call of the wild. Looking forward to Gran Tourismo 7.

Hunter:Call of the wild is incredible in general. With coop play it is pretty epic. We each have theaters with projectors so its pretty great!

terzaghi #444181 12/08/21 08:51 PM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
C
Halo Infinite is finally out, so I played just a tiny bit of the campaign. It looks really nice in 4K, and the gameplay feels natural. Already loving using the Grapple Shot to pull myself to an enemy and melee their face, though I'm not hitting my mark and timing it perfectly yet. I will have to spend more time with it another day. Not that I have any desire to get good enough to compete online. I had fun with the original Halo at LAN parties with friends back in the day, but I'm more of a solo player these days, and I don't really enjoy the combo of strangers+having my ass handed to me.

I'm playing on PC, though I do have the Xbox Series X and want to pick up a copy for that to see how it compares.

CV #444222 12/11/21 10:19 PM
C
CV Offline
C
Originally Posted by CV
I'm playing on PC, though I do have the Xbox Series X and want to pick up a copy for that to see how it compares.

I'm happy to say the Series X compares favorably to my PC with RTX 2060 Super. I'd say it looks just as good and is just a bit smoother. Not that the Xbox version is perfect. It still has some issues with in-engine cutscenes. I have it running on Quality mode, so I'm not sure how much Performance improves things. I'm only basing this on the Tutorial, though, since the Campaign is still downloading.

terzaghi #444255 12/14/21 03:29 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Running all this through your HT room, big screen, full surround, 4k?

I'll have to check and see when i may next be in the WA area.
smile

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
chesseroo #444259 12/14/21 04:24 PM
C
CV Offline
C
Originally Posted by chesseroo

smile

Yup on gaming in my home theater. And I'm not sure this is the part of Washington people would normally visit, but you'd be welcome. You saying that is making me slightly self-conscious of my setup, since I haven't spent a lot of energy getting it all dialed in. I keep thinking I'll do it after I replace my receiver and can finally use the in-ceiling M3s I bought for Atmos.

CV #444276 12/19/21 05:40 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted by CV

smile

Yup on gaming in my home theater. And I'm not sure this is the part of Washington people would normally visit, but you'd be welcome. You saying that is making me slightly self-conscious of my setup, since I haven't spent a lot of energy getting it all dialed in. I keep thinking I'll do it after I replace my receiver and can finally use the in-ceiling M3s I bought for Atmos.

Self conscious? nah
I don't know anyone who has an Atmos setup so i've been keen on wanting to hear a good one; at least i didn't know anyone with an Atmos setup until yesterday.
A new fellow in town, he's a producer, has a 100" screen and a 5.4.2 Atmos setup. I'm dying to get over to his place to check it out. I have yet to have a conversation with him more in depth about it so i don't know anything about the gear he is running.
He did comment that the two ceiling surrounds were the game changers.

Hoping not to be tempted here considering how much we just dropped to change things around the past few months.

Last edited by chesseroo; 12/19/21 05:40 AM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
terzaghi #444279 12/19/21 08:05 PM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
[Linked Image from tenor.com]

chesseroo #444280 12/19/21 09:32 PM
C
CV Offline
C
I don't know anyone who has an Atmos setup so i've been keen on wanting to hear a good one; at least i didn't know anyone with an Atmos setup until yesterday.
A new fellow in town, he's a producer, has a 100" screen and a 5.4.2 Atmos setup. I'm dying to get over to his place to check it out. I have yet to have a conversation with him more in depth about it so i don't know anything about the gear he is running.
He did comment that the two ceiling surrounds were the game changers.

You'll have to let us know what you think if you get that invite to his place. I don't personally know anyone with an HT that isn't an HTiB. While I love my Axiom setup, I haven't really compared it to the systems of people who are spending that kind of money on other brands.

I'm not sure how good mine will be when I finally have the Atmos going, since my ceiling is so low, but I decided I'd go for it anyway. My only problem is I keep finding other things to spend money on. I decided I want laser eye surgery. Even though I can cover a lot of it with my health incentive money, I'll be out around $1k, maybe a little more if I want to keep more of that money for later. I also need to fall in love with cooking for myself so I don't spend so much on dining out.... Let's pretend I'm seriously considering that.

Halo Infinite has been a lot of fun, though I did switch my difficulty to Easy for my first playthrough. Finished the main campaign, and now I'm just trying to collect as many achievements as I can. I would never have the dedication to get them all, but at least I'm ahead of my nephew for now. I may even try multiplayer at some point for a couple more achievements. So far I just did one match against bots to get a feel for what it would be like. I can see how fun it would be in the old LAN party situation I loved the original for. I still can't see putting time into playing against strangers.

Page 182 of 183 1 2 180 181 182 183

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,477
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters