Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
$1,000,000 - 13,000 Watt - 130dB Home Theater
#241879 01/21/09 09:22 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,422
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,422
I know that this is not an Axiom designed theater, and it really is a showcase for the manufacturer, but in case you wanted to see what one looks like you can watch the video below... Of course, I've seen just as nice of DIY rooms, but the power and number of channels is crazy. You know that old 80/20 rule... The first 80 percent of something takes 20 percent of your time/money/effort, and it is that last 20 percent that takes the remaining 80 percent of your time/money/effort, also known as the point of diminishing returns... Anyway, I'd say that they went for all 100% here, and it cost a fortune.

$1MIL Home Theater at YouTube


Farewell - June 4, 2020
Re: $1,000,000 - 13,000 Watt - 130dB Home Theater
nickbuol #241886 01/21/09 09:47 PM
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 16,437
shareholder in the making
Offline
shareholder in the making
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 16,437
I'd love to see that go head to head with something in the realm of reasonable.


I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.
Re: $1,000,000 - 13,000 Watt - 130dB Home Theater
pmbuko #241890 01/21/09 10:36 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,361
connoisseur
Offline
connoisseur
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,361
How did that French dude get into my house?


Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire
Re: $1,000,000 - 13,000 Watt - 130dB Home Theater
Zimm #241893 01/21/09 10:42 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,422
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,422
 Originally Posted By: Zimm
How did that French dude get into my house?


You must be a robot then!!!! I knew it!!!!

After all, in the video they say that the only residents of the home are electronic.

(I knew it, I knew it, I knew it....)


Farewell - June 4, 2020
Re: $1,000,000 - 13,000 Watt - 130dB Home Theater
nickbuol #241938 01/22/09 03:28 AM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,361
connoisseur
Offline
connoisseur
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,361
 Originally Posted By: nickbuol
[You must be a robot then!!!! I knew it!!!!

After all, in the video they say that the only residents of the home are electronic.

(I knew it, I knew it, I knew it....)

Who let my wife on the forum???


Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire
Re: $1,000,000 - 13,000 Watt - 130dB Home Theater
Zimm #241941 01/22/09 04:00 AM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,422
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,422
Don't try to change the subject... You are probably some futuristic cyborg who traveled back in time in search of a teenager named John Connor....


Farewell - June 4, 2020
Re: $1,000,000 - 13,000 Watt - 130dB Home Theater
nickbuol #241943 01/22/09 04:33 AM
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 38
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 38
Hmmmm..could you imagine explaining to the wife that you want to cut down the fence in the back yard so a cement truck could back in and pour a ceiling over your HT room.All this so she cant feel the kitchen floor expand while I'm watching Iron Man in the basement and she's baking cookies?I'd get clubbed like a baby seal.Hide the rolling pin.


ONKYO TS-SR875, M22, QS8, VP150, EP350v3, LC-52D92U,HD-A30
Re: $1,000,000 - 13,000 Watt - 130dB Home Theater
Klugger #241944 01/22/09 04:34 AM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,361
connoisseur
Offline
connoisseur
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,361
Ewh, good seal visual...


Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire
Re: $1,000,000 - 13,000 Watt - 130dB Home Theater
Zimm #241960 01/22/09 08:19 AM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 374
devotee
Offline
devotee
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 374
Ooh, that's not that far. I have to go up near there next week, maybe I can get a demo.

Re: $1,000,000 - 13,000 Watt - 130dB Home Theater
StuntGibbon #241970 01/22/09 09:44 AM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 505
B
aficionado
Offline
aficionado
B
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 505
This is great! Makes me look like I really held back on my purchase. I'm in the clear.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,376
Posts431,993
Members15,416
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,437
SirQuack 13,686
CV 11,805
MarkSJohnson 11,451
Who's Online Now
1 members (BBIBH), 104 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4