Print Thread
Rate Thread
Just received my M60's Wow
#25872 11/18/03 03:07 AM
eddieg Offline OP
buff
OP Offline
buff
I have spent the last 5 hours setting up and listening to these speakers. They are part of a home theatre system but I've just concentrated on the Stereo aspeact of the speakers. I have them hooked to a Klipsch 10 inch sub crossing over at 60hz. They are slightly toe in (Made a big difference) and are quidistant from the listening position and each other. In my room I had to raise the level of the right speaker two db above the left. Enough about the setup. The sound is incredible. These are the first speakers I ever had that I can play loud and not find fatiguing. I am a big Steely Dan fan and have played their CD's over and over, but with these speakers I heard stuff I never heard before. The room is filled with music. I have no need or desire to play five channel stereo. Thanks to all of you who have reviewed this speaker and this company so highly. It was because of you that I decided to give the speakers a try.

Re: Just received my M60's Wow
#25873 11/18/03 05:26 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Congrats! It will only keep sounding better and better as your ears/brain gets used to the neutral and detail rich sound that the Axiom speakers deliver.

#25874 11/18/03 06:32 AM
devotee
devotee
I know what you mean eddieg. I have had my M60's a little over a week, and have had an awesome time going through my CD and DVD collection. Setting up for me only took about five minutes. I had first placed them in my wifes bedroom, but she said they were too big, so I unplugged my Martin Logans in my theater and set the M60's, VP-150, and QS8's in there. I first placed the M60's in the same exact spot as my Ascent's, but they seemd too far out into the room so I backed them up about a foot. The back of the M60's are 41" from the front wall, and the sides are 38" from the side wall. They are toed in pointing just behind the primary listening position, and I'm 11' back from the speakers. At first there was a rattling coming from the left M60, but a quick tightning of the screws for the 5"mid solved that problem. From then it's been extremely joyful to listen too. These are some incredible speakers for just about any price that I have heard, and they just keep getting better & better with everything I throw at them. I haven't even felt the need to hook my ML's back up, and have even considered just selling them keeping the M60 setup in my theater. I could go into detail comparing the M60 setup with the ML's, but for what the Ascents, Cinema, and Scenarios retail for there should be no comaprison at all. Luckily for me I got the ML's for 75% off retail. Still not sure what I'm going to do with the ML's, but the M60's/ VP150/ and QS8's have found a perminent home in my theater. I have them hooked up to 5 B&K Ref220M's, and Ref 30. They sound frikken remakable. The entire setup sounds frikkin remarkable, and I just cannot get over that the M60's only cost $800...SHIPPED! Anyway, I now know what everyone is raving about, and I now know that I do not have to spend a small fortune on "high end" speakers to get high end sound.

#25875 11/20/03 04:29 AM
old hand
old hand
Totally understand...I spent the first few weeks after the M60s arrived coming in the door and running to the stereo to listen and listen. Lost a lot of sleep but it was worth it. And it's true...the sound gets better and better. Congrats on your purchase...enjoy!

Mark

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,482
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (Kevin1), 663 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup