Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
My birthday present is missing
#264132 06/19/09 12:07 AM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
well I'm not really sure about that, but I just felt like being dramatic, the fedex tracking says my vp100 has been delivered, well the UPS man came today with some vitamins but no fedex, I live in an apartment complex where the mail man does not bother to ring the buzzer if he has a package he just brings it to the office which is in a separate building, i wonder if the fedex guy did the same, only the postal workers leave a note and ups does the same if no one is home, there was no note out there! its in my girlfriends name so i didnt find out till she told me at the end of the day after the office was closed so my speaker could have been here all day, and i was sitting here all day dreaming of it, i sure hope its downstairs or else fedex.com is wrong in saying its been delivered, all i know is i dont like fedex, either way it is they have made a mistake i just hope my speaker is ok, when i get it i'll be taking pics also got a new tv stand so things are looking nice, this will be my first gallery post! long over do, sorry for the rant just a little pissed at fedex

M60's, VP100, velodyne vx10, and qs8's, powered by pioneer vsx-03TXH, stereo system with m22's
Re: My birthday present is missing
vadergeta #264142 06/19/09 02:01 AM
axiomite
axiomite
I have complained to FedEx repeatedly about this very issue. My FedEx driver (more than one) just goes to the apartment complex office without ever coming to my door. The office manager assumes (reasonably) that the driver has tried to deliver the package at my door, found no one at home, and left a note on my door. The driver, of course, isn't gonna volunteer that they haven't done any such thing and, on the rare occasion that the manager thinks to ask if the driver has left a note on my door, the driver has actually lied and told him that she did. So, no one at the office knows to call and let me know they have the package, and I'm sitting at home waiting for the delivery.

My complaints have fallen largely on deaf ears. I've been told, by every FedEx rep I've spoken to, that the driver is required to attempt delivery at my door BEFORE leaving the package at the office. I've been told a supervisor would return my call and have never been called. I will say that the last few deliveries by FedEx have actually been delivered to my door, but I will not be surprised if that changes as soon as the current driver is replaced with another.

I have no such problem with my UPS driver who never does this; will leave the package, if I'm out, where I ask him to leave it, even in my garage; and is a genuinely nice guy who I consider to be my friend.

I always dread when a package is coming via FedEx.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
Ajax #264150 06/19/09 04:54 AM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Well at least I'm not crazy. Thanks for telling you're story. Now I can shake my fist with a little more umm shakyness

M60's, VP100, velodyne vx10, and qs8's, powered by pioneer vsx-03TXH, stereo system with m22's
vadergeta #264157 06/19/09 11:59 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
UPS is terrible around here and FedEx not much better. \:\(
But not Purolator! \:\)

Four times in the past 12 months I had Purolator drivers go out of their way for me. Once it warranted a commendation (which I did). My A1400 had been shipped to the wrong postal code (not even the same depot). It had already been a rushed delivery butched so it was coming on Saturday. On the web-site, it was already "correction required". On the phone "nothing can be done before tuesday" as they needed a fax from Axiom to correct the address. The driver finished early and looked me up in the phone book to get the right neighborhood. So when he rang my doorbell at 16h00, I was absolutely floored by that guy's professionalism.

The other three times is that I came home with a note saying that I had to go and get my stuff for pickup as I missed the truck... and then at 15h30, the driver had to pass by my house to go back to the warehouse and decided to check if I were there in case! That's outstanding service, especially that twice it would have meant 25-30$ cab ride.

Delivery services seem to vary a lot from place to place.

See Mojo's signature
EFalardeau #264162 06/19/09 12:56 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Yes, I marvel at the stories about how one carrier or the other is better depending on location. I've heard many stories where UPS is horrible and FedEx is fine. Go figure????

Oh, I forgot to mention that I live in a street level townhouse with the address prominently displayed on the porch, the front door about 50 feet from the road, and only one step up to my "porch". There is no excuse for not delivering to my door which is EXACTLY what they are paid to do.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
Ajax #264205 06/19/09 10:42 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Well it came today! Cleaning up for pics. Come see in the gallery later!

vadergeta #264206 06/19/09 10:43 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
er yesterday, picked it up today

vadergeta #264207 06/20/09 12:14 AM
veteran
veteran
Congrats! So now the question is... what to do with that poor old JBL center... perhaps a ceremonial changing of the guard?

M60x2, VP150, M22x2
Sennheiser HD-595
Onkyo TX-SR507, PS3 (40gb)
Golden #264216 06/20/09 02:46 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
+1 with Purolator. By far the best shipping company I have dealt with.

The only shipping company I try to avoid is UPS.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #264220 06/20/09 02:53 AM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
The JBL is providing mono sound in the bedroom until I get the QS8's and use the Polks for stereo.

vadergeta #264232 06/20/09 12:10 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I have a mall directly behind my house, along with one of the "delivery drop-off spots", and I'm constantly witnessing the care taken by delivery companies. Luckily I haven't had any big problems and I'm getting parcels delivered constantly, but the one regular Purolator delivery guy for this area is a joke. He tosses the parcels from the end of the truck quite often and you can hear them sliding all the way to the front, only to come to a screeching halt. I've also seen him drive away to the next drop-off point just up the parking lot with the back door open, and all the parcels at the back of the truck ended up falling out.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,484
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters