Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 19 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 18 19
Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!!
Ian #282567 12/16/09 12:49 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Nice to see you on the forum Ian. I just wish it was to talk about all things audio instead of this sillyness.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
fredk #282570 12/16/09 01:09 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
I belong to many forums, and have owned many brands of speakers through the years. This type of stuff just seems so silly. Reminds me of my old AVSforum days, which is why I rarely login anymore. We all have a common interest here, Audio. When you attend the many Audio/Video conventions around the country, most of the owners respect each other, well maybe all except BOSE. \:\)

I don't see why Hugo has so much hate towards Axiom, and I'm still waiting for his factual basis for his statements. It is ok to cast opinions about a particular company, but if your just blowing hot air with no scientific basis, it means nothing. As soon as someone calls him in a tactful way, he bans them. They should change the name of that forum to Hugo's Utopia or whatever.

Anyway, I've read the entire thread mentioned, and I don't see how any of the Axiom folks are attacking Hugo, they are just asking sensible questions asking for the basis of his opinion. In fact, it seems just the opposite like the pot calling the kettle black. He is the one making statements about Axiom, not the other way around, and then he bans anyone that DARE question him, what a joke.

Paradigm and Axiom are both great speaker companies from the great white north. As long as I've been a member on the Axiom forum, we have always given Paradigm great respect. In some of the AB listening tests I've done, the Paradigm Studio line has been very similar to Axiom's lineup.

Hugh, come on man, get over yourself and join the rest of us that love this hobby. If you can't get over people that might have a different opinion than you, maybe you should look for some other way to relieve your obvious stress.

*update - I see now that he is again bashing Axiom on the above noted thread, and planning on closing it permately. How do people like that become moderators of a board, oh wait, he is the board.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

SirQuack #282574 12/16/09 01:27 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
It's all about responses... I like mine flat, both on-axis and off-axis! \:\)

See Mojo's signature
EFalardeau #282575 12/16/09 01:32 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Another Flockhart fan...

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
fredk #282576 12/16/09 01:44 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
This guy is so power hungry in my opinion he is actually trying to close/censor whats said on this forum through bully tactics. I wonder what would happen if someone dares steps on his toes or tells him what he should or should not post on his forum...oh wait...how silly. \:\/

Well said Ian. I doubt he will take you up on your offer but I hope I am proven wrong. Its nice to see what a class act Axiom is and taking the high road and trying to make ammends with this narcissist and bully (my opinion \:\) not Axioms) . This is all over something so ridiculous watching it from the sideline.

As an Axiom customer I extend to you Hugh an olive branch . Please accept. No hard feelings. This situation is so highschool.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #282579 12/16/09 01:56 AM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hi: Thanks Ian very well said!! Some people are so insecure they can't handle a little criticism! The issue is being blown way out of proportion by Hugh it is very sad oh well nothing we can do here. Interesting before banning me he never answered my question about taking a tour of the plant(Axiom's) to see how the speakers were build! In a way I regret posting what happened here as it caused a bunch of aggravation to some people over a silly matter.

Paradigm 800F,Paradigm C600,Axiom QS8 v3,Paradigm DSP-3100 Sub,AVR Anthem MRX-740
Ian #282584 12/16/09 03:05 AM
axiomite
axiomite
WOW Ian. Thanks, so much, for clarifying the entire situation. I simply cannot believe that someone would demand that a thread at another forum be closed and threaten consequences if it isn't. Shameful behavior.

Please say hi to Amie for me and tell her I miss her sense of humor. Happy holidays to you both.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
Ajax #282587 12/16/09 04:21 AM
buff
buff
Well put Ian. I think this is just fanboyism and a severe case of cognitive dissonance on part of Hugh.

You can't change prejudice you can only try.

punisher101 #282599 12/16/09 06:45 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: Dr.House

This guy is so power hungry in my opinion he is actually trying to close/censor whats said on this forum through bully tactics. I wonder what would happen if someone dares steps on his toes or tells him what he should or should not post on his forum...oh wait...how silly.

Originally Posted By: Ajax

WOW Ian. Thanks, so much, for clarifying the entire situation. I simply cannot believe that someone would demand that a thread at another forum be closed and threaten consequences if it isn't. Shameful behavior.

Not unusual for a king to want to be emperor. ;\)

@ Hugh, if you are still reading this I have an idea for you. Don’t!

Also, in the future consider that what you say publicly directly reflects on the organization you represent. Had a simple member made your comments I doubt anyone would have noticed or cared. Keep in mind that one can voice displeasure with others and/or their products w/o being unprofessional, that way if they overreact they’re the ones that look bad and get talked about.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1
grunt #282603 12/16/09 09:41 AM
local
local
Now this is INSULT!!

Quote:
Sorry, we cannot serve up the page you requested!

If you are trying to reach the Digital Forum and have arrived at this page, then please read the following.

In order to stop an onslaught of spam and poor behaviour on the Digital Forum, Digital Home has been forced to deny access to a wide range of IP addresses from outside of North America and a few inside North America. Without these bans, Digital Home would be overwhelmed by hundreds of spammers a day from Russia and the former Soviet republics, Germany, India, China, Korea and many countries in Africa.

It is likely that you may have been caught in our attempts to stop would be spammers.
Are you in North America?

If you are in North America and you are being blocked from the Digital Home then please send an email to query at digitalhome.ca to notify us. Send us your Name, IP address, company, and city your are in and we will ensure that you can access the Digital Forum. Without this information, we are unable to assist you.
Are you outside North America?

Unfortunately, if you are outside of North America, there is little we can do to help you. In our research, we have found that over 99% of posts made by members outside of North America were simply spam. The problem was so bad that our volunteer moderators were spending hours a day dealing with the problem manually.

Since our site is primarily aimed at Canadians the IP ban is our only method for reducing vast amounts of spam and cannot be lifted. We apologize but hope you understand.
Digital Home Canada

and I am from outside of North America.

Page 6 of 19 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 18 19

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,479
Members15,617
Most Online2,082