Thank You Axiom
#322090 09/12/10 11:56 AM
O
onn Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
O
Would like to thank all the staff at Axiom for a great weekend. Thanks go out to Ian, Jamie, the other Jamie, Brent, JC, Noreen, and Deb. I would also like to thank Mark for planting the seed for this event and Mary for getting the job done in getting us the great poll shirts. I also would like to thank all the members who showed up and I got to meet. It's good to now have a face to the name. Thanks again to everyone.
Mel

Last edited by onn; 09/12/10 12:00 PM.
Re: Thank You Axiom
onn #322091 09/12/10 12:36 PM
shareholder in the making
Glad you had a great time Mel, wish I could have attended. When you say Jamie, are talking about the 2 Amie's?

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

onn #322099 09/12/10 02:33 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
+1

Scott

My HT
SirQuack #322102 09/12/10 03:16 PM
O
onn Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
O
Originally Posted By: sirquack
Glad you had a great time Mel, wish I could have attended. When you say Jamie, are talking about the 2 Amie's?

That's what I get for posting first thing in the morning. laugh
Thanks to Amie and the other Amie. Sorry about your names I should be shot for making an error like that.

Edit: I also forgot to thank Andrew as well. Damn, I'M getting old AND forgetful

Last edited by onn; 09/12/10 03:19 PM.
onn #322116 09/12/10 08:15 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Another thanks to Axiom. It was great to meet everyone. You are ALL fine gentlemen here. I had a great time...maybe TOO great of a time! LOL!

M60s
VP150
QS8s
Marantz SR6003
Samsung LN52B550
Oppo DV-980H
Insignia NS-WBRDVD
sonicfox #322137 09/12/10 11:26 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Agreed. These four days have been awesome. That's an overused word, but it is the most appropriate one I can think of. Other suitable words would be magnificent, splendid, rewarding, and complete.

I am going to make a photo album of this that I will treasure always.

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
onn #322207 09/13/10 04:24 AM
Thank you, Axiom and thank you to everyone who decided to come to this epic event. I had an amazing time and met many wonderful people (some again, some for the first time). I need to do things like this more often. smile

pmbuko #322386 09/14/10 04:59 PM
axiomite
axiomite
OK...just had a huge breakfast at "Flips Restaurant" in Brampton with Tom before taking him to the airport....I've got so many wonderfull thoughts to try to convey here, I know I'll miss a few things but I'll try to convey them here....

Firstly, I'd like to thank Ian and Amie for their hospitality and genuine warmth the entire weekend++. You and your wonderfull staff provided lifelong memories for all of us, not once did I ever see either of you stop smiling during the entire event, so I figure you were both enjoying this gathering as much as all of us, or Murph gave you both a shot of his Moonshine and you couldn't help yourselves.

The Axiom Staff....Debbie, it's always a pleasure to see you, thank you for the(2nd for me) tour of the plant, as well as your hospitality along with (other) Amie(there were other staff helping too, I'm sorry about not recalling names) for looking after the group and making sure everyone was taken care of. Andrew(Axiom), you're not only an excellent engineer, but you have a knack for conveying information to us that we can almost understand....unfortunately I missed your sub seminar, Debbie was trying to lock our group in the Anechoic chambre at that time...I still have nightmares...

Mark, Mary, JP, Peter, Tom, Ken(there were probably others ? in on this)....you all should take a bow for making this happen. It was wonderfull meeting you all and spending some time chatting with each of you, I wish we had more time to do so.

Mark...I'll send you a "French for Dummies" book the next time you go through Quebec, was great to finally meet you...

Mary, it's already been said many times...but thank you again for the lovely job you did with the shirts and for the "spark" you brought to the gathering, it wouldn't have been the same without you(and for bringing another lovely Iowan lady with you, CJ).

JP, Peter, Tom....a great time spent esp at the Mandarin on Sunday there....I hope the airport in Buffalo didn't put a surcharge on JP after that Buffet lunch! Tom, was a pleasure to have you over for a couple of days and finish off the left over beer from the party...HEY! somebody's gotta do it!! had a great time listening to music, watching movies and touring the city on Monday.

Scott, I was touched by your story about giving your father M3's, as you were telling it...I've also felt that way when listening to certain tracks.

Cam, I'm glad you could make it, and what nice parents you have to share this experience with all of us...

Mike(Chess), I'm glad Murph has found the right medicine to help you overcome your fear of crowds....and Shania says she's going to drop the charges for pole dancing on her porch.

Ray and Jack, you guys need to take your show on the road!....better yet, I think it's time for another "Grumpy Old Men" sequel. Anne Margaret...Sophia Loren...think about the possibilities guys!!

Mel, I have to say, I was a little disappointed....I expected you to show up in a high gloss Rosewood, three piece suite. Ah well, maybe next time...sorry we didn't get a chance to talk too much.

Fred, we live less than an hour apart and finally hook up! great sitting down with yourself, Mark, Alan, Bob and my brother on Thurs night.

Bob(pronounced 'Bawwwb' in the Boston area), I think the fact that you got through the border so easily in BOTH directions, proves we need to rethink our Border Security.... wink

Alan, a pleasure to sit down with you for dinner and a good chat till we got thrown out of Swiss Chalet(has that ever happened before?). A great sense of humour...although the colonoscopy stuff was a bit "toilet humour".

Ohh...uhhh...they're playing music now...so I have to rap this up...so...

thanks again, Ian and Amie. I hope you realize all the wonderfull memories people will have of this meet...

"...exit on left side?...ok.."

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
Adrian #322780 09/16/10 02:13 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: Adrian

Scott, I was touched by your story about giving your father M3's, as you were telling it...I've also felt that way when listening to certain tracks.

Yeah, I don't think I have too much time left with my parents - hence the difficulty in talking about it. For my Dad, I haven't figured out what I'm going to do when I lose my Dad, my best friend and my drinking buddy in one fell swoop...

Scott

Scott

My HT
a401classic #322865 09/16/10 05:46 PM
I don't live close to my father and am not all that close with him, either. For a man, it seems to be the exception to have a close relationship with your father. You're luckier than most.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (fonthillbilly), 235 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup