Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21
Re: Bin Laden is Dead
BlueJays1 #346977 05/02/11 08:41 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Dude, this is only a personal opinion based on all the news reports, and how oddly things transpired i.e. shoot him and dump his remains on the beach or in the ocean. There's just a lot of things that don't add up. It doesn't make any sense to me why the remains wouldn't be kept as proof.

Like scientists rely on evidence to prove or disprove something, I rely on proof rather than blindly believing what anyone says, let alone any government.....WMD's.

Maybe it's a crackpot way to live a life, but that's me.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.
Ya_basta #346978 05/02/11 08:48 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: Keisha Mei Ash
... on May 1st 2011 the US announced the death of Osama Bin Laden, and on May 1st 1945 Germany announced the death of Adolf Hitler.

There's another parallel, in that on May 1st, 2003, George W. Bush declared "Mission Accomplished" in Iraq, whereas on May 1st, 2011, Barack Obama announced the successful mission to kill OBL.

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
BlueJays1 #346980 05/02/11 08:57 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: BlueJays1
Safety first for the seals

True that.

Their actions were appropriate under the circumstances.

Here's an excerpt from a news program I watched this morning-

"AMY GOODMAN: And the news of how Osama bin Laden died?

JEREMY SCAHILL: Well, that’s interesting. Allan and I were talking before the show about this, and I’d be interested in hearing what he has to say. The phrasing that President Obama used was very interesting. I mean, we’ll have to see before, I think, we give any detailed commentary on it. They said there was a firefight there. They said someone used a woman as a human shield at some point during the operation. It sounds like Osama bin Laden was shot in the head. Navy Seals are the most highly trained forces within the U.S. military. It wouldn’t be surprising that they could sniper shoot him from a distance and hit him dead between his eyes. Maybe something else went down. I don’t—we don’t know what happened inside of that compound, but it does sound like he was shot directly in the head."

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.
Ya_basta #346984 05/02/11 09:25 PM
G
aficionado
aficionado
G
Originally Posted By: Keisha Mei Ash
Safety first for the seals

True that.

Their actions were appropriate under the circumstances.

Here's an excerpt from a news program I watched this morning-

"AMY GOODMAN: And the news of how Osama bin Laden died?

JEREMY SCAHILL: Well, that’s interesting. Allan and I were talking before the show about this, and I’d be interested in hearing what he has to say. The phrasing that President Obama used was very interesting. I mean, we’ll have to see before, I think, we give any detailed commentary on it. They said there was a firefight there. They said someone used a woman as a human shield at some point during the operation. It sounds like Osama bin Laden was shot in the head. Navy Seals are the most highly trained forces within the U.S. military. It wouldn’t be surprising that they could sniper shoot him from a distance and hit him dead between his eyes. Maybe something else went down. I don’t—we don’t know what happened inside of that compound, but it does sound like he was shot directly in the head."

All I take from that is he didn't put down his gun, and the woman in front he was holding prevented "nut" knee shot!

Last edited by wordgasm; 05/02/11 09:29 PM.

Fronts/Wides:M22s in/on
Center:VP150/VP100 in/on
Hghts,SS,SR:QS8s
Sub:EP500
AVR:Onkyo 3008
medic8r #346985 05/02/11 09:29 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Originally Posted By: medic8r
on May 1st, 2003, George W. Bush declared "Mission Accomplished" in Iraq

crazy

Bruno
M80s/VP180/QS8s/EP600/AVR-890
------------------------------------
"The problem is choice..."
bdpf #346990 05/02/11 11:16 PM
U
enthusiast
enthusiast
U
Explain to me how bin Ladens death has decreased the terrorist threat. It hasn’t! In fact, right after they released the information on his death, the threat level went up. How about that?
While the U.S. is dancing in the streets, the extremist are making plans. Martyrs are powerful.
The death of bin Laden is nothing more than a token win for the U.S. government, a trophy of sorts that the U.S. will be paying for for decades, unfortunately. How many more lives need to be destroyed before we learn from the past?
I feel no pitty for bin Laden or his followers, but I feel for the lives this action will distroy.

Some people are like Slinky's, not much use however, when pushed down stairs, they make you smile.
Ukiah #346991 05/02/11 11:31 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
The only lives this action destroyed where OBL and the few cohorts that lived with him in the compound. Not only did they destroy the main person responsible for orchestrating and funding terrorist acts around the world, the seals gathered evidence from the compound which they think can be used to fight terrorism in the future.

Is his death a token for the U.S government and its people, sure. But this is a step in the correct direction in the fight on terrorism around the world.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
Ukiah #346992 05/02/11 11:45 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: Ukiah
Explain to me how bin Ladens death has decreased the terrorist threat. It hasn’t! In fact, right after they released the information on his death, the threat level went up. How about that?
While the U.S. is dancing in the streets, the extremist are making plans. Martyrs are powerful.
The death of bin Laden is nothing more than a token win for the U.S. government, a trophy of sorts that the U.S. will be paying for for decades, unfortunately. How many more lives need to be destroyed before we learn from the past?
I feel no pitty for bin Laden or his followers, but I feel for the lives this action will distroy.

Exactly what do you say we are supposed to "learn from the past"?

You think killing bin Laden was a bad idea?

You think that because we killed bin Laden we have made it more likely that terrorists will kill us, therefore we should not have killed him?

Haven't you figured it out yet? Islamic terrorists commit acts of terror in order to advance their goal of imposing Sharia law on the the Dar al Harb, that part of the world not yet subjugated to Islam.

Every time anyone acts to resist them, that act is characterized as a provocation to people who need no provocation. It's a mind game to discourage people from resisting. It is an invitation to cowards to restrain those who would resist Islamic Jihad.

You cannot give up everything and remain free of these people.

Don't you get it?

Appeasement does not work. Europe appeased Hitler ... to what end?

There is no act offensive to Islam which does not provoke acts of violence and murder or threats.

Should we ban cartoons which mock Mohammad? Surely, you know that such cartoons provoked murderous mobs of Muslims all over the world. Do you think anyone is going to make a movie showing the life and acts of their prophet? You'd have burning theaters full of screaming infidels.

We are already restrained. In Canada Ezra Levant was prosecuted for republishing the Mohammad cartoons. Gert Wilders, a member of parliament, prosecuted in Holland for speech which is offensive to Muslims.

Where do you draw the line in order to avoid provoking Islamic Jihadists?

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE IF ALL THE SHEEP UNANIMOUSLY PASS A RESOLUTION IN FAVOR OF VEGETARIANISM WHEN THE WOLVES ARE OF A DIFFERENT OPINION ON THE MATTER?

Last edited by 2x6spds; 05/02/11 11:54 PM.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
2x6spds #347000 05/03/11 02:17 AM
U
enthusiast
enthusiast
U
2x6spds

“Haven't you figured it out yet? Islamic terrorists commit acts of terror in order to advance their goal of imposing Sharia law on the the Dar al Harb, that part of the world not yet subjugated to Islam.”
If you actually believe this, then you are an idiot of extreme proportions. The extremists don’t care about the way we live in the west, they just don’t like it when we kill them and the families by the tens of thousands.
“It is an invitation to cowards to restrain those who would resist Islamic Jihad.” – Yes, you are delusional or plain stupid. Because an individual resists the need to kill, does not make them a coward, it makes them human and not a paranoid jackass with a gun.
“Don't you get it?” You obviously don’t, so you go hide behind your big old flag. Do what you do best, which is cling to your weapon. That attitude has served to U.S well over the last 50 years.
“Europe appeased Hitler ... to what end?” What? Ever head of the Second World War? I think there are at least a couple of books regarding this issue. You should read one, or just learn to read.
“There is no act offensive to Islam which does not provoke acts of violence and murder or threats.” – Well if by “offensive” you mean killing them, then you are correct. You ever heard of the Crusades?
Ezra Levant is a f*ckface racist pig, nothing more. As for the cartoons, I never said Islam did not have its radicals, but so do us Christians.
You are an extremely paranoid man sir. Sleep with the light on if it helps.

Some people are like Slinky's, not much use however, when pushed down stairs, they make you smile.
SRoode #347001 05/03/11 02:20 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Usually I'm pretty comfortable with my belief that consequences for actions in your lifetime are limited to the time where your consciousness/soul/being is firmly attached to your body. However, it's days like this that I really see how believing in hell would be great, so I could believe Osama would be reliving each death he was involved in for eternity.

You would not have found me partying in the streets if you looked today, but I'm extremely glad he is no longer living, not only for justice sake, but for the sake of closure to a pretty nasty chapter on our little planet.

Let's hope nobody rises to replace him.

Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,484
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (rrlev), 674 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup