Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: QS8 Surround Placement Options
#37652 03/21/04 06:20 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Thanks for clarifying what you meant. Your original post was easy to misunderstand. I completely agree with you that it's very very important to be honest up front, as it will only lead to problems as you let "the real you" later on. It's also important not to bend over backwards every time your wife/girlfriend/significant other has an opinion that is incompatible with yours. That just leads to resentment.

My neanderthal comment was probably a little too strong. I'm the provider, protector, and repairer of all things broken in my house, too - and I definitely enjoy the role. But I also love cooking, hanging out with the baby (I'm not supposed to call it babysitting ), working in the yard, etc. Basically, the stereotypical gender roles around here aren't set in stone. That's just how we work things.

So, I apologize for jumping on you. Sounds like you've got a great relationship and you're lucky to have a woman who understands your obsessions.

#37653 03/22/04 12:36 AM
devotee
devotee
hehe... Sorry to get so off track here. I have a buddy that did exactly that, pretended to be what he wasn't to get a girl he didn't belong with. Spent the last 8 years trying to live up to it to keep his marraige together. Compromised his life away, and it didn't help one bit. It's made a mess of his life, and she just recently left him despite all of the effort he put into it. It's 100% his fault for putting himself in that position. The whole thing makes me sick. I just spoke with him Friday, and I was pretty disgusted about it all after taking to him.

Then... Bilbo made that comment and it set me off. So... It's all Bilbo's fault - he made me do it.

Steveo and BigWill. My comments were not directed at either of you or your situations. They were only made in the general regard to Bilbo's statement, and a hanging bad feeling about my buddy's situation. This was the wrong place to vent about it. My apologies to both of you.

In reply to:

you're lucky to have a woman who understands your obsessions.

Hahahaha... You can't possily believe how big of an understatement that is. She's definitely 1 in a million. I favor John Wayne more than Alan Alda, so as you can imagine I'm quite a handful.

As to your neanderthal comment - that might just be an accurate description every once in a while . Us guys couldn't REALLY have been wrong for 400 million years in a row now, could we? Maybe twice in a row, but no way could we have a streak of being wrong that lasted THAT long. Maybe we've been wrong for the last 75? It's a much shorter time frame. Much more believeable. damn... there I go again. Somebody needs to hit me upside the head with a dinosaur bone...

M- M60s/VP150/QS8s/SVS PC-Ultra/HK630 Sit down. Shut up. Listen.
#37654 03/22/04 02:23 AM
R
connoisseur
connoisseur
R
If I ever get a divorce, I won't get married again. If I DO get the urge to get married again, I'll just find a woman I don't like and give her my house.

#37655 03/22/04 04:48 PM
buff
OP Offline
buff
No offense taken regarding any of the comments. The weekend has passed and my wife really digs the system. She's been asking me questions about the speakers and she's been playing her music all weekend. I think they are growing on her. I think the initial shock of huge boxes of equipment made her have negative thoughts.

#37656 03/22/04 08:46 PM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
Fascinating thread digression. I enjoyed Michael and Ray's comments VERY much.

The phrase "kill something and drag it back to the cave" is pretty standard in our house. I am a cave man, and my wife is a cave woman.

I have a great marriage. We defer to each other's skills and judgement in the right areas.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,484
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020