Rate Thread
Did I brick my N2?
#444134 12/04/21 02:18 AM
M
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
M
I attempted to upgrade the software after being promoted to do so with the APP.

Not sure what the hell happened, but the app told me the update required a reboot, it lost WiFi, and didn't do anything. I waited.....and waited..... then after about 20 minutes tried to unplug the power source and plug it back in. Green light only, no tones. No blinking light telling me it's connecting. So I then held the power button long enough to turn it off. Turned it back on. Nothing again.

Searched the forum and found some SD Card reset instructions. Removed the door, but I clearly have a different device, because there is no SD Card.

I plugged it into the network with Ethernet, but again - nothing.

Suggestions?

Re: Did I brick my N2?
michael_d #444169 12/07/21 04:22 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted by michael_d
I attempted to upgrade the software after being promoted to do so with the APP.

Not sure what the hell happened, but the app told me the update required a reboot, it lost WiFi, and didn't do anything. I waited.....and waited..... then after about 20 minutes tried to unplug the power source and plug it back in. Green light only, no tones. No blinking light telling me it's connecting. So I then held the power button long enough to turn it off. Turned it back on. Nothing again.

Searched the forum and found some SD Card reset instructions. Removed the door, but I clearly have a different device, because there is no SD Card.

I plugged it into the network with Ethernet, but again - nothing.

Suggestions?

I have an older Air now and since everything works as needed, i haven't bothered to update (probably about 4 or 5 revisions behind). I did have to update when i first got it though as they were beginning support for Bluetooth plugins. I couldn't get the update to work with the app. Ian ended up sending me instructions, which didn't work, so then he sent an update file and the instructions at that point were to insert a USB key with the file before bootup.
It auto updated off the USB key at that point and after rebooting, the app now showed the new version installed and all was well.

Bricked?
Probably not as long as you have power and can reboot, but you might need to get the latest update on a USB key and go that route. They don't post them on the Axiom site that i know of.

Last edited by chesseroo; 12/07/21 04:23 PM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
Re: Did I brick my N2?
michael_d #444170 12/07/21 05:25 PM
M
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
M
Thanks Chess. That's good to know. I'll reach out to the support folks. Not sure if it reboots or not. It's invisible to the network, so I can't talk to it.

Moderated by  Andrew, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,486
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044