Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
Re: Is Axiom Audio Out of Business - No Phone or Email
Mojo #446420 10/18/22 04:09 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted by Mojo
... This is why Ian bought a second Doosan. You think that Doosan is for making audio parts? Not yet it isn't. First, Axiom needs to build "implements" to conquer the surrounding land.
You're Right, Mojo ... I'm so confused ...
How does a 2nd CNC help with SQ FT expansion of the factory?

jjaskuna #446421 10/18/22 06:05 PM
M
shareholder in the making
M
Because our government has taken away our guns but not our butter knives. So the metal CNC machine will be used to build butter knives to arm Axiom employees so they may conquer the surrounding land and expand the factory.

I know this is confusing for you because you are in software and not hardware. Don't worry. I am here to gently guide you through this.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated
1 member likes this: brwsaw
rrlev #446422 10/18/22 06:45 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted by rrlev
You're Right, Mojo ... I'm so confused ...
How does a 2nd CNC help with SQ FT expansion of the factory?
I doesn't, Mojo is trying to be funny, but not actually factual.

BBIBH #446423 10/19/22 03:35 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
The fire hydrant thing sounded reasonable.
All the other stuff, I know was least 1/2 humor . Thought, maybe there's something factual in there.
So, he had me a bit on the fire regs until he claimed there wasn't any. The CNC thing was like huh?

Anyway, let him have his fun. (I'll get him back later smile )

jjaskuna #446424 10/19/22 05:11 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Mojo, go back on the meds. Seriously.

BB, the customer service changes happened before 'Braxiom'. Granted the amalgamation of the two companies can create impacts in various ways, however these days a common phrase in business is "change management". Smart businesses forecast impacts from major changes to alleviate the impact before change is brought about and I'm sure Ian thought about such impacts before cramming two companies together. Dying off on the customer service is a sure fire way of starting threads just like this one (is the company defunct?) which not only drives off new customers, but starts to place doubt for existing customers that it is no longer the company that it used to be.

Brings me to my next point.
I finally got my amp back, or rather a whole new one because of the two issues with the first one (a dead module which apparently happened in a way they had never seen before and second, after its return, found a rather important heat sink had fallen off a crucial part rendering the amp unusable...send it back again).

I haven't had much time to sit and listen alot and have yet to setup Odyssey, but last night during a short tv stint (watching some old Lost episodes), there was a quiet moment in the dialogue and something audible finally hit me that i've been hearing for a couple of weeks (since receiving the amp replacement) that i consciously thought to myself "where the heck is that coming from?".
It was a buzzing noise.
Thought it was the spinning HDD of the older PVR. I unplugged it. That was not the issue.
Tracked it down to a buzz from the two woofers on the backside of the right LFR880 (not the left, only the right and not the front channel, only the back).

I turned off the Denon and then i turned off the Axiom DSP. The buzz was still there.
It is obviously coming from the amp. Yes, the new amp.
Possibly a ground loop hum, but only out of one specific set of drivers?? (there are two sets of drivers on that same speaker).
AND, i never had a ground loop hum with the first ADA amp i had so...WTH?

Two more tests today before i either contact Axiom or ask for rational thoughts from the forum folk.
I'm going to:
1) swap the L and R speaker cables on the amp to see the buzz is created solely from a specific amp module. I can also swap the rear speaker cables to the front driver inputs to also check if it is specific to one amp module.
2) i will try plugging the amp into a different wall outlet, take it off the power bar (if it is plugged into that atm), etc.

Any other thoughts before i pull my hair out with this seemingly unending issues with the ADA1500?

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
rrlev #446426 10/19/22 08:33 PM
M
M
Anyway, let him have his fun. (I'll get him back later smile )

THAT'S the spirit!

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated
jjaskuna #446427 10/20/22 02:53 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Chess,

I hear you … I'll be sending my ADA1000-8 in for service too and hopefully will not experience your repeated "return" loop. I’m also spending some time to make sure they will be able to reproduce the problem (which is taking way longer than I planned). I don’t want it returned as “not reproducible” or “must be a ground loop”.

My amp has a very low level buzz on all its connected channels 6 heights/tops. It’s loud enough to be unmistakable but low enough to be drowned out when the projector is on.

Note, not a ground loop ... first test I did. But while I was doing that I hit something interesting. If only one of the ADA inputs is connected to the preamp (two if the same ADA board) ...no buzz. If two or more channels were connected across amp boards ... it buzzed. This happened even if nothing was plugged into the prepro (even the power power cord)... But I needed reproducible proof without the prepro in the equation ...

I don't expect anyone to do this (even if you're an EE) ... but
After a few iterations, I ended up simulating the prepro by terminating the ADA inputs with a resistor (valued close to the prepro's output impedance) and tying all the input grounds together (didn't matter if I tied signal ground to earth ground). This seemed to reliably reproduce the buzz. I'll include that test cable when I send the unit in ... but just in case, I also took a few FFTs so they could see what I was getting here.

I'll send it in over vacation to minimize time without it.

chesseroo #446433 10/20/22 03:21 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted by chesseroo
Any other thoughts before i pull my hair out with this seemingly unending issues with the ADA1500?
Think you're on the right track. You have been very unlucky ...

Although I understand why (covid and now this merger) ... it's often hard to have paitents. The last few years have been hard on every body. Customer service and factory QA seemed to suffer the most. But, I think things are improving ... Andrew(F) seems to be growing into his role but QA still needs work as you have experienced. During this time i've had issues like my ADA1250 coming in without any screws holding the XLR input sockets to the case, LFRs not quite evenly stained OR even more amazing to me that someone actually installed the driver in one of my EP600 with a huge bubble where the suspension was unevenly glued to the cone (still need to get that fixed). Now I should point out that for every problem there were many more things that came in problem free.

It's much easier for me to be patient as I feel I owe them ,.. Axiom has in the past bent over backwards to meet my needs (like holding stuff for over 4 years, and putting up with mind boggling changes to what I was buying ... i.e. virtually trading in stuff before it was ever built). Anyway, they have proven to me that in the end they will always make things right.

jjaskuna #446435 10/20/22 03:35 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Moving the topic to its own thread. I think there was already another thread discussing Axiom service where my first amp woes came up. If i can find that i'll link them both in.
One thread is here:
https://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/ubbthreads.php/topics/446434#Post446434

rrlev #446439 10/20/22 04:09 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted by chesseroo
Think you're on the right track. You have been very unlucky ...

Although I understand why (covid and now this merger) ... it's often hard to have paitents. The last few years have been hard on every body. Customer service and factory QA seemed to suffer the most. But, I think things are improving ... Andrew(F) seems to be growing into his role but QA still needs work as you have experienced. During this time i've had issues like my ADA1250 coming in without any screws holding the XLR input sockets to the case, LFRs not quite evenly stained OR even more amazing to me that someone actually installed the driver in one of my EP600 with a huge bubble where the suspension was unevenly glued to the cone (still need to get that fixed). Now I should point out that for every problem there were many more things that came in problem free.

It's much easier for me to be patient as I feel I owe them ,.. Axiom has in the past bent over backwards to meet my needs (like holding stuff for over 4 years, and putting up with mind boggling changes to what I was buying ... i.e. virtually trading in stuff before it was ever built). Anyway, they have proven to me that in the end they will always make things right.

I agree.
After having lost Noreen, JC, Brent and Amie, being replaced with only one person whom i call 'Sales Andrew', that alone is major impact.
But, how do you train someone to have enough knowledge to manage those phones every day? It takes time to learn the material, or be with the company for a few years to pick it all up enough so to answer people's questions. You really have to be forward looking to anticipate retirements or holes to fill when people start leaving (by choice or otherwise). You need a backup plan.
After some conversation, it does sound like they know and are trying to address it, but again, this could take time. Nonetheless, it turns away customers and seriously damages the reputation they held as having the most stellar customer service for a long time.

I have no doubt Ian will make things right and Sales Andrew is helpful when you can get him on the line, but there is a good possibility that this new amp will be in their hands again for longer than i care to be without one. I might just have to go looking for something else and eventually sell the ADA if it ever returns.
I'll have a decision to make in that regard.

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,480
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020