Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Finally heard some Axioms
#66717 11/01/04 05:30 AM
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
Even though I bought my Axioms without ever hearing any Axioms (ship date is Dec 10th), it wasn't until today that I actually heard a setup with Axiom speakers like I will have. A new Axiom owner (leaving his name out to protect the guilty) of about 3 weeks invited me over. I stopped by with my wife and 2 kids, so we didn't want to be rude and stay too long, but we heard a THX intro, the Pod Race from Star Wars EP1, and a scene from Gladiator that showed off the soundtrack and ambiant crowd sounds and how well the QS8 surrounds handled them.

In a nutshell, I think that I am regretting going over. All it does is makes me want my Axioms even more. The sound was clean and clear, with a great mid and high range from the M60Ti fronts. The center VP150 was great. My wife developed a slight hearing problem a few years back, and always complains about not being able to hear "the voices" in a movie. The VP150 was great, and she liked it. The QS8 surrounds enveloped the room with the key surround information. He had a SVS PC-Plus sub that covered the low end, so I was not sure just how much low end was coming out of the M60Ti fronts.

My biggest concern was the issue of "brightness" that some people complain about. I didn't find the sound bright or hard to listen to at all. Granted, a lot has to do with configuration and setup of the receiver and room characteristics, but I was very happy to find out that the fear of "bright" speakers wouldn't exist, at least for me.

Now, all I need is one of thoe fabled "gold emails" from Axiom saying that my stuff shipped early, and I would be super excited.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
Re: Finally heard some Axioms
#66718 11/01/04 07:46 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I too never listened to axiom speakers before ordering a pair of m22's. The clarity and detail is wonderful. Fortunately I only had to wait a couple of days for mine.... Patience my friend. Later, Richeydog

*Michael*
AV123 Refugee - X-LS Encore, X-Voce, X-Omnis, Elt-Dpa's
Denon AVR-591
Magnavox NB500MGX BDP

Re: Finally heard some Axioms
#66719 11/01/04 12:03 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Although I haven't received my "Golden e-mail" yet either, my speakers were scheduled to ship at the end of this coming week after, I believe, five weeks of torture!

I'll be sure to post photos and a "review" as soon as I have everything set up. I don't know if another review would be a tease for you or another confirmation. I know that as I read of everyone elses' arrivals and love for the speakers, it kinda made the wait harder yet helped confirm my order, which was also without hearing an Axiom setup.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,484
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters