Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Re: Code of Conduct
#76597 01/14/05 12:24 AM
shareholder in the making
In reply to:

Now if someone will just explain to me what the "Remind Me" icon is for. I'd just click on it to find out, but I'm afraid to see just what the icon will remind me OF.

Oh, Amie put that in there at my request. I told her there were some old dudes on this forum and they were likely getting forgetful!

Running, looking for a place to hide and finding only an EP600 is big enough to hide behind.....

Oh, and "ditto" to Ian!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
#76598 01/14/05 12:32 AM
The remind me is actually an add favorite button. If you look in your My Home, you'll see a potential list of favorite threads.

Man, we can even get the Code of Conduct thread off topic!

Anyway, I want to give a heartfelt thanks to Amie and Ian for providing us this space to play in. To second what everyone else has said, this is a great community, and the trolls are happily quite rare. (compared to half of the other boards out there.) I must say I've learned more civility in my online communication since coming here...

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
#76599 01/14/05 12:34 AM
old hand
old hand
As everyone knows by now, I'm relatively new to these boards, but overwhelmingly impressed by the professionalism and willingness of its members to assist both non-Axiom and Axiom owners. Already, many have taken the time to help me in this process.

I also noticed that rarely do you find a board where the President, and others within the company, frequent and provide positive feedback. This is a rare board and I would hope its success continues.

In my opinion, the only way to ensure this boards continued success is for those of us who enjoy and use it to play police to the bad or "non-compliant" posts, and report them ASAP. The Code of Conduct would be the guideline everyone would use to follow when reporting a bad post or user.

#76600 01/14/05 12:35 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Wisenheimer! Yeah, I'm afraid if I click on the "Remind Me" icon, I'll get a pop up that says "I want to remind you that YOU'RE OLD!" Is that you behind the EP600. Can't be. That person is rather good looking and looks almost human.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#76601 01/14/05 12:41 AM
There hasn't been any response to my question s to how techno;ogy may or may not help this situation, but I had a thought while I was out shoveling snow (shoveling again I should say, and I don't want to hear about it BigJohn! ).

If everyone HAS to supply a valid e-mail address, could a system be set up where a person receives a warning (via form e-mail) and after that, the "account" would be deleted?

Yes, that person could then re-sign up, but I really think that if this cycle continued, it would be much more time-involved from that persons' viewpoint rather than the 60 seconds it would take a moderator to send the form letter and then delete the account.

I don't want to make work for Amie (or anyone else), but I don't think it would involve much time.

Another consideration would be to make someone else a moderator. On larger forums, there are frequently several. A "middleman" also might help to "separate" Axiom from a problem person.

Just random thoughts....

#76602 01/14/05 12:47 AM
In reply to:

Is that you behind the EP600. Can't be. That person is rather good looking and looks almost human.

Jack, are you coming on to me?

Yes, it's me with my eyes physically big (trying to look scared) rather than artificially, photoshoppy-big.

In reality, my eyes are virtually non-existant.

I'm sorry for helping to take things OT... I thought a little levity might help the dreariness of the situation!

#76603 01/14/05 02:04 AM
R
connoisseur
connoisseur
R
Ian and Amie - let me echo the other thanks on the board. There is really no reason for you to provide this board in the manner you do (except to have us sell a gazillion $$$ worth of speakers for you )

On a serious note, this board is unique and I really enjoy the opportunity to wander around in it. Ihave also made some good friends and that is always to be treasured. Thank You.

#76604 01/14/05 02:14 AM
devotee
devotee
Well, well, well. I'm gone for half a day and look what you all cook up. A code, though not in the best interests of free speach, will be a good thing. I do not think we are talking about Stalinist Russia here. I often find it both amusing and sad to see grown adults stoop so low as to verbally assult each other over audio, but there are all type. I have been on the recieving and giving end of some joking but that is about as far as I have ever taken it. Just today I felt that I may have hurt Jacks feeling with my kidding. I took it upon myself to send a PM to make sure that he understood my comments and joking. We need to take a step back and again look at that we are here to support one another. If there is a Troll around, my best solution is to just ignore the jerk and move on. Well, maybe a joke here and there before I move along.

#76605 01/14/05 02:59 AM
In case there's any doubt as to what brought this to a head,late last night(very late for him)on "Who's Online" I noticed Ian reading "test html" and certain other posts. As has been already said, this isn't a public forum, but rather a private Axiom activity. No questions of free speech or censorship arise. Remarkable latitude has been granted to us in the past and I hope that this isn't lost because of the rather childish behavior of two individuals in particular recently.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

#76606 01/14/05 03:52 AM
axiomite
axiomite
I suspect that the vast majority of us will agree with, and have no problems following, any rules that might be created. That vast majority, in all probability, already lives up to their standards.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,946
Posts442,492
Members15,617
Most Online2,082