Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
The addition of a EP 600 to my epic 60 system.
#79295 01/27/05 09:20 PM
dakkon Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
I have had the ep 600 for about a month now? Give or take… my first impressions were.. “Damit this thing is heavy.”… as was the fed ex guys impression.. so, I’ve had some time sense then to listen to the sub.. when I first got the sub in the house and plugged in, there was a constant hum coming from it… damn those ground loops… so I called axiom, and Ralf, I believe, told me to remove a screw.. YUP that solved the problem. Pretty damn cool the way they designed this think to alleviate ground loop problems with a freaking screw.. so, no more hum. Also, I got a factory out let model, and was thinking well, I will deal with the “blem”.. When I unpackaged the sub, I glanced over it, and couldn’t find anything wrong… a couple of buddies were over, of the 4 of us, none of us could find any cosmetic problems with the sub at all.. so I have no clue why this sub was a factory outlet product…

The first thing I did when I got the sub, was told everyone were going to do the Darla test.. no one had herd of this. So, I put finding nemo in.. and got to the seen where the thumping is going on… and, the whole Fn house was shaking… including the next door neighbors house.. one of the neighbors came over asking what the hell I was doing.. Then saw.. And sad oh, that’s freaking cool.. (all my neighbors are work buddies so I don't have to worry about being to loud ) and the neighbor went on to say, that the damn windows in his house were shaking.. also, in my house, as everything was shaking, there was no sign of stress on the sub at all, 0 distortion…0 port huff, my ep350 had a bad case of port huff some times…

So, for music, I chose lenny kravits (don't know if I got the spelling right, but its phonetically correct ) American woman, because this song has an A$$ load of base. And well, yup, it was loud, clear, and no distortion…

One other thing that amazed me by this sub, was the intro to movies, before with the 350, everyone always like the THX intro.. but it was “exactly” the same as a movie theater to me.. good yes, perfect .. NOPE. With the 600, it is exactly like being in the theater, the room totally fills with the music of the intro, and it is now reproduced the way that it was intended with room filling base, that is not to over domineering.

One would think that by my impression that the EP-600 is in your face loud. And might not be for you.. Honestly, it will only get LOUD when you want it to, otherwise it is at a perfect volume, in respect to your other speakers. The 600 fills the room so well, that you don't even need to have the sub volume up that much, unless you like a LOT of bass.

Is this sub worth the 1750$ or what ever it is…

HELL YES..
And then some.

This sub has made my ht system, rival a movie theaters sounds.. Sense getting the 600, I have gotten.. Count less comments by people coming over.. People who had been over, and knew I had a lot of nice stuff. But now they listen, and say wow, it sounds really nice.. Granted I did add a 4foot speaker to the system.

In the end, this sub, with either 60’s or 80’s would make as perfect sounding system as one can get for the money.. and then some, adding the 600 to my system, has made me feel like I got much more of a value for my dollar, than ever before..

Re: The addition of a EP 600 to my epic 60 system.
#79296 01/27/05 09:26 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
In reply to:

Is this sub worth the 1750$ or what ever it is

That says it all right there. When you can't remember or don't care how much you spent on something because it's just THAT good, you know you've made a worthwhile purchase.

Envy is too light a word.

#79297 01/27/05 10:11 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
In reply to:

Envy is too light a word

.....floating off my tongue as i type.....

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#79298 01/27/05 10:52 PM
frequent flier
frequent flier
Great post! It's hard to find user experience with the EP500/600.

Mine's on order (EP500) and let me tell you the waiting is awful! I bought it from the FO too.

waiting, waiting, waiting...

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,486
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,155 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup