Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: OT: Strategies for Wife Approval
#84267 03/07/05 10:04 PM
R
connoisseur
connoisseur
R
Wow - this thread might result in some serious demerits issued against a few Man Cards!!

#84268 03/08/05 01:50 AM
axiomite
axiomite
I just got the latest copy of Home Theater Magazine today (April 2005 edition), and they had a section called "Gear Eye for the Married Guy" starting on page 60. I just read the first couple of paragraphs, and a few of the "Ten Tips to Avoid Shopping Tiffs"... It is geared for the guy who wants all of this crazy stuff that we call "home audio and video" and how we, as men, can get "buy-off" from our wives (I only have one wife, so it should be easier for me, right? )

Anyway, it should be some good reading.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
#84269 03/08/05 02:04 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
In reply to:

Gear Eye for the Married Guy

i saw some comedy bit on TV the other night, and it was called the 'Straight plan for the gay man'. it was a group of white trash, redneck country boys trying to show a city-fied gay man how to be more "manly". one of the more humorous skits i have seen in a while.

the hair guy gave him a mullet..
the clothes guy gave him some overalls and a years supply of red bandanas.
the culture guy bought him tickets to a nascar race.
and the house guy gave him a wire spool coffee table and hung deer heads on the walls.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#84270 03/08/05 03:22 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Ah, a blatent rip off of Tank McNamera's series awhile back featuring Sports Eye for the Gay Guy! (pretty darn similar.)

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
#84271 03/08/05 03:39 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
i think everyone is doing there own little spin-off. i saw sunday a show where, it was the same 'queer eye for straight guy', but instead of a guy, it was a chick. and it wasnt the same 5 gay dudes, they got some new ones, and one is a lesbian. it was basically much of the same, but they just did it to a girl this time. dont know if its a regular show or just a special. kinda entertaining though..

i am still waiting for 'Serenity and peace for the hairy and obese'.. i am a shoe-in for that show.

bigjohn

BTW- did anyone watch 'The Contender' premiere last night? i dig boxing, and the show looked pretty decent.

#84272 03/08/05 08:00 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
In reply to:

did anyone watch 'The Contender' premiere last night? i dig boxing, and the show looked pretty decent.

CBC recently did "Making the Cut"... giving guys that never got a chance their chance at the NHL.

The whole thing was based on a "feel good" heartwarming setup, that some poor guy with hockey in his veins would get a chance at playing in the bigs. Truth is, most of the guys had played at levels where they were seen by scouts already, and the great injustices done to keep them out of the limelight were mostly self-caused (pooping in a coaches car, getting a puck bunny pregnant, that sort of thing).

In the end, the top six guys get drafted by the six Canadian teams and fade into obscurity... Petaskinawa or whatever the guy's name was that the Canucks drafted isn't even listed in the system, guess he couldn't even cut it in the ECHL.

I'm surprised at the CBC, this is really beneath them, but I guess to keep up viewership, you have to dig down to where the viewers are.

Bren R.

#84273 03/08/05 08:11 PM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
I just wanted to thank you for adding "puck bunny" to my my heretofore sheltered American vocabulary.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
#84274 03/08/05 08:19 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
In reply to:

puck bunny

we have a minor league hockey team here in san angelo called the 'san angelo saints'. they used to be called the 'outlaws', but they had an owner change, and the whole out with the old, in with the new.. bad-vs-good, outlaws to saints.. blah, blah.. anyway.. they play in the CHL(central hockey league). i go to a few games a month, but dont follow as close as i probably should..

we have a different name around here for "puck bunnies".. we call them "hockey whores".. same thing i suspect!

bigjohn

#84275 03/08/05 08:34 PM
aficionado
aficionado
What else would you expect from a "taxpayer" funded organization. These clowns have been ripping off the Canadian taxpayers for years. If it wasn't for "Hockey Night in Canada" all these years the viewership would be in the toilet (probably where it is now without the NHL)! All in the name of preserving "Canadiana". With regards to "Making the Cut", a buddy of mine is in the "know" with some of the NHL bigwigs and we already knew the outcome of this sad saga before the final episode aired. It was pretty obvious from the beginning where this show was heading...into the dumpster! Hoist some Guinness for your B'day Bren!

#84276 03/08/05 10:53 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
Oh-oh... I'll leave this one alone, just let it be said I'm a huge CBC supporter, my beef was that this show slid the Corp. down into the Canwest-Global/CTV/Chum sewer where I'd expect this schlock to come from...

Bren R.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,480
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (Hambrabi), 957 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup