Print Thread
Rate Thread
New Axiom Owner... sorta.
#8514 02/01/03 01:31 AM
JoeTiVo Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
Since I'm still waiting on my Axiom speakers to arrive, I just had to post to help work off some of the anxiousness. I was supposed to have received my two M60ti towers, VP150 center and QS4s today. They're going to live with my SVS 20-39cs sub w/Samson 700 amp. However, my shipment was 'lucky' enough to be 'delayed' by customs while they obtained a 'importers ID'. What a disappointment. I was looking forward to tweaking and listening to my new speakers all weekend, but now it looks like I'll have to wait till Monday to receive them.

I've been reading lots of reviews and I'm really exited to get the critters in the home theater and check them out. My theater is about 15x12 and in the basement with carpeted floors and paneled walls. If interested, you can see it here: http://steve-mann.com/ I’ll be replacing my BA speakers and I’m thinking this is going to be a significant upgrade.

I'll look forward to coming back and posting my thoughts after I get the speakers Monday.

JoeTiVo (Steve)

Re: New Axiom Owner... sorta.
#8515 02/01/03 12:01 PM
devotee
devotee
Welcome to Axiomville!! Enjoy the ride!!

#8516 02/01/03 02:00 PM
aficionado
aficionado
In reply to:

I was looking forward to tweaking and listening to my new speakers all weekend, but now it looks like I'll have to wait till Monday to receive them.

Yeah right. When my Epic 80 set was held up by customs, it was weeks before I actually got them. Don't believe anything anyone in customs or at FedEX tells you and harass them daily.

#8517 02/01/03 03:53 PM
JoeTiVo Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
Wow.. that would have sucked. I would have gone nuts. I'm hoping that's not going to be the case for me however. I tracked the packages this morning and see they have left Memphis and are now in Milwaukee (close to their final destination). I drove over to the Fedex airport location in hopes of picking them up. Unfortunately, I was told they are still unsorted in a large room sized container and would not be available for pickup today.

I might try again around 4:30 today, just before they close, to see if the situation is any different.

#8518 02/03/03 11:23 PM
JoeTiVo Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
They're here!!

What timing. I decided to take the afternoon off of work today in hopes I would beat the FedEx guy and that he would deliver sometime fairly early in the afternoon. I got home just before twelve and the FedEx man was there less than 45 minutes later. Something goes my way for a change. Imagine that.

The speakers are absolutely wonderful so far. Everything was packaged extremely well and everything arrived safely. I have just finished setting up the speakers (including mounting the QS4s on the wall), balancing them and then giving them a work out. I couldn't be happier. They sound SO CLEAN. I was concerned from some reviews that they might be too bright. That's just not the case. They are just clear, crisp and clean.

I've quickly cycled thru a few of my favorite CDs and DVDs. I couldn't be more impressed. I'm sure they’ll get even better as they 'break in' and I finish tweaking them bit.

Thanks to Axiom for such a great product at a more than fair price. I'll have no problem recommending them any time the subject of speakers comes up.

#8519 02/06/03 08:11 PM
JoeTiVo Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
Just a small update... over the last couple of nights, I've been listening to some of my CDs. I've been putting my receiver in 2-channel mode as opposed to 5.1 and let me tell you the results are stunning. I'm amazed at the low-end I'm getting out of the M60's. They absolutely kick. I would have never expected it out of woofers their size. And the clarity. They sound so clean. I'm hearing parts and tracks in the music I never knew existed before.

I think it's going to be like others have said, I'll be loving these speakers more each day.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,489
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044